Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 4/3/2006 3:37:00 AM

Can you say ORANGE?.....Eeek. This product is so unnaturally orange on the skin, and is another very drying product from Laszlo, due to the excessive amount of alcohol in it. I am not impressed at all with this line. There are so many better formulated options these days.

on 6/28/2010 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

i was in search for a product that could minimize my pores & this was suggested. when i tried it at the department store i thought that this product was amazing. When i came home and tried it again i noticed that it would minimize my pores for a few moments but not for a long time. I don't know of any other benefits this product might have since i just used it on my nose. I'll probably use it again and give it another try since its just sitting on my bathroom counter.

Those were the days. College, acne, visceral fear in Baltimore. And Shake-it. Admittedly, a pariah in today's skincare with its suspension of pigment in alcohol, but nonetheless, did not aggravate my skin, did not highlight zits. And my eternal gratitude to the Erno Laszlo regimen for clearing my skin. So, this is, strictly speaking, not so much a recommendation but rather an ado.

on 9/19/2002 4:29:00 PM

CONS: hard to apply evenly, is drying; COMMENTS: shake the bottle to get the pigment evenly distributed in solution; have to dot on the product using a cottonball; contains alcohol

It's a watery typed foundation that sweeps on like a toner. It's lightly alchohol like but it does offer thin coverage. I like it, but I'm not sure if it does a whole lot for me in the coverage area. However, my skin did look brighter and more even. Perhaps it takes time to 'set', but it's definitely a unique product.
-Mine is in the colour 'neutral'.

on 5/31/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been going through a greasy, shiny skin thing & purchased the Shake it regular hoping to cut down the oil & mattify my skin. I think it actually made my skin MORE oily!!!! You can really smell the alcohol in it so maybe it's just too much & my skin is over-compensating for lack of oil & making me look like a grease slick. Yuck! I wont repurchase.

on 8/1/2001 3:06:00 PM

THis is the same concept as teh toner, except it has pigmented powder in it to even out the face a bit and provide a matte finish. I found this to be an ok product, however just as with the toner, I think teh excessive alcohol actually contributes to overdrying and more oil production from your skin trying to compensate.

on 2/1/2017 2:35:00 AM

Hi guys I was upset this was discontinued too. Wanted to share that I have heard Janet Sartin Dual Performance Treatment Makeup is the dupe of this product.

I like it, but I'm not wowed by it, so I wouldn't buy again when (if) I ever finish the one I have.
I have it in shade Neutral, and it's a little too yellow for my NW15 skin even in summer time, with a slight tan. It's okay though, but I cannot see myself getting away with it in the winter time.
What I do like is that it keeps me relatively matte for most of the day, I only get oily in the evening, after 6 pm, after having it on for 11 hours and blotting once or twice mid-day. So it's a good product for hot summers, which is why I gave it the 4 lippies.
I tried using it as a base under my foundation, but it didn't work like that, it all felt gross and cakey.
The way I use it is by soaking a cotton ball into the mixture and applying all over the face, letting it dry for a minute or so, then going over it with my fingers to buff it in. Because it still looks powdery, I then spray some UD All Nighter on top, let it sit for a few seconds, then gently pat it in with my fingers - I find that this removes the powdery look and leaves my face matte, poreless and flawless. I also use a setting powder (Coty Airspun at the moment) on top.
As for coverage, I did pour out about half of the clear liquid (toner), this way the product is more concentrated and I can achieve a medium coverage. I haven't had any active pimples since I've started using it, so I don't know how it would cover them, but I have a feeling it might work. If not, a dab of concealer will do.
I have a feeling it also prevents breakouts, because the toner has alcohol in it and other stuff that apparently is good for the skin.
It has a faint scent but it doesn't linger at all, and it feels a bit drying, especially in the beginning, but the feeling subsides soon after.
As a negative, I find it does pool up in some pores, especially on my nose, but it's not obnoxiously obvious like with other foundations. Does it look like I'm wearing nothing? No. But it does look pretty natural, so it's all good.
I don't think it would be a good product for winter, when skin gets much drier, but I totally recommend it for summer, especially for those who don't need full coverage.
It is expensive, but I don't see myself running out of it anytime soon, so it's worth the price.

This really is just liquid powder, or more specifically, powder held in suspension. It doesn't really act or look like foundation per se, more like a good layer of powder.
You can only use it if your skin is quite oily because both the powder and alcohol are so drying. But if you do have a lot of oil and prefer a "no-makeup" look this is so worth trying! It wear well and stays matte nearly all day, depending on just how big a greaseball you really are. Also, if you remember the Clinique Pore Minimizer lotion from years ago, this is nearly identical. And yes, it does a hell of a job filling in pores. BTW I always apply it with my fingertips or a sponge. If you use cotton you'll blow through so much product and end up throwing a good lot of it away on the pad.

Popular Face Skincare Products