Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 56 & Over
Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 1/29/2017 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Are you perplexed by my five-star rating and then see that I would not repurchase? Simple answer: Laszlo no longer makes this product. The company has been bought and high-jacked by some absolute fools in search of the "younger market"..I say HA to that. Dr.Laszlo was the first doctor company and its many long-time followers are legion, so much so that when you go to Nordstrom reviews you see review after review from people who have been using this for five decades or more and you will also see that their daughters and granddaughters have become devotees as well. Originally the only way you could purchase this line was at Saks Fifth Avenue, you had to book an appointment, have your skin clocked (meaning skin type designation). After the 30-40 minute consultation, the ONLY way you could purchase was by buying ALL the products (you then became a member of the Laszlo Institute) recommended and for good reason, these products work synergistically and yes they really do or I should say did. Now everything has been reformulated with a lot trendy, meaningless ingredients. I spoke with their global brand ambassador who did work at Saks for forty years selling this line. Sadly this pioneering brand has decided to knuckle under to all this pre-cleanse/double cleanse phrasing which is ridiculous as Laszlo was the man who invented oil for makeup removal and then the appropriate soap for your skin type, the most important step in this regime is filling the basin with water as hot as you can tolerate, dip the bar of soap in the water, slide the wet bar all over your face and neck, dip the soap in the water again and work up the lather so you have lots of suds, place soap back in the dish and then start the splashing technique. Forty splashes in the what is known as 'treatment water', pat dry. I guarantee you have never known what truly clean skin feels like, all the splashes force water to flush out the pores and hydrate the skin, after all, moisture is water hence hydration. Pat the skin dry and follow with the appropriate toner/astringent. I am 63 years old and have used this since I was in my late teens my skin is soft as a baby's bottom and well hydrated. If you use Shake-it, Light controlling Lotion and/or Regular Controlling Lotion, fret not as the Janet Sartin company can replace the aforementioned. Miss Sartin's products are milder but effective for me. Many people have said that the Laszlo Sea-Mud soap is not the same classic formula, I am guessing they are probably correct. I hope I have been of help and if anyone knows of a Sea-Mud soap stand-in please put a review in here

on 3/9/2012 9:38:00 AM

I agree with taz1946 and also remember pouring out some of the clear liquid in Shake-it for more coverage. I believe it was called Photo Finish. However, instead of throwing the liquid out, pour it into your light controlling lotion bottle, because that is what it is. I have used Erno Laszlo since the early 80's and although they have been bought out several times, and the products went though many changes (not all of them good), I believe they finally got it right again. Your skin will look better than you thought possible.