Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 44-55
Erno Laszlo Shake-it [DISCONTINUED]

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat. (Sd Alcohol 40-B), Calcium Carbonate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Talc, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Denatonium Benzoate, Amyl Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Eugenol, Gerniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77947 (Zinc Oxide), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 9/16/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow. If you are looking for a sheer to light coverage powder foundation, LOOK NO FURTHER!
I have been using this "foundation" for literally almost 25 years. No kidding. I use the Shade 0 color in the summer, and the Neutral color in the winter. They are both neutral warm tones. Neutral has a little more yellow undertones and is a little lighter than Shade 0. Granted, I have used this off and on over the years, but I ALWAYS come back to my Shake It because nothing else has the staying power, pore minimalizing power, and acne control power that this has. It will NEVER clog your pores or break you out. In the summer I use it as is, and in the winter I pour a little of the clear liquid (mostly alcohol) off the top and add pure witch hazel to it. The result: flawless skin ALL year!

on 6/14/2013 5:45:00 PM

i have hyperhydrosis (and am freaking perimenopausal to boot) and have been struggling with how to get light foundation for my face that will not sweat right off. Mainly, i pour sweat for a good 2 hours after i wash my face or take a shower and most days it's simply impossible to apply foundation or powder without making "mud". i have used NuSkin products for close to 20 years, which is the best skin care decision i have made in my life, but even their wonderful products could not give me that light coverage i was wishing for.
Based on the reviews on this board, i purchased Shake-It back in October and am here to share that it has been a dead-on perfect solution to my issues. i poured a bit of the alcohol off as other users have suggested and i love, love, love this product. It goes on next to invisible (i use a moistened cosmetic wedge) and, as it dries, gives me the faintest bit of powdered barrier - my sweating stops - and i am then able to finish with the smallest pats of my NuSkin powder. It's super no-hassle and is the answer to many an agonizing morning spent wondering if i would ever be able to wear makeup again.
God Bless You, Erno Laszlo.

Wish I would have discovered this 30 years ago! This stuff is amazing for oily skin. It is essentially powder suspended in toner. After washing and priming my skin I sponge this on with the sponge that I swiped (never used) from my Studio Fix compact. It literally takes 30 seconds. When the alcohol dries you're left with a flawless, somewhat sheer veil of powder and you just look like you have perfect skin. It shrinks pores and keeps my skin matte all day. If I go out in the evening I just reapply and get a fresh made-up look immediately. It really is perfect. I have been a devoted powder foundation user for years but powder foundations just don't cut it in the summer - they're too thick, obvious, and melt right off even with primer. This is amazing stuff and I might use it year round when the weather cools - we'll see.. Expensive, but worth it. FYI - I prime with MAC Prep+Prime SPF 50. I've tried just straight moisturizer and/or sunblock and it doesn't work as well. The neutral shade that I use is pretty much universally flattering on everyone, or so I'm told.