3.9

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

8 months ago

I'd like to start off by saying that I did not purchase this product off Amazon. I say this because many people have bad experiences with beauty products purchased off Amazon because they accidentally got it from a third party, which usually means the product is counterfeit. So I made sure to buy this at CVS. It is $15 there, by the way. I recently started developing large dark pores on my legs. I believe this was caused by a mixture of self tanning and not changing my razor as often as I should. Saw Tend Skin on YouTube and decided to try it out of course. I used it twice daily. First, I'd exfoliate my legs with a scrub, shaved, exfoliated with a loofa and soap, then applied Tend Skin. A few hours later I'd apply lotion to my legs. I genuinely did not see any change. I did notice that my legs are a lot smoother, but I think that's because of the scrub. My bottle of Tend Skin is almost empty and I do not see myself spending $15 on another one. Beware, this stuff burns like hell.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

2.0

a year ago

I used to apply this religiously. I have the refillable roller ball and the large bottles. I would apply this almost every day, let it sink in for a while then apply my body lotion. It's expensive. I would epilate and wax regularly. I have thick dark body hair. This didn't work. I still had to go in and meticulously take out hairs with a needle and alcohol. An esthetician suggested body brushing. I have one of the looped ones that sheds everywhere and was hideously expensive. I've been using a body brush for a year now and could never look back. It does hurt a lot more to use a body brush as your hair is growing back but it's much more effective than tend skin. My legs look smooth now.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

a year ago

Effective? Yes! But...stings like crazy, and I've recently found something which doesn't sting at all! Background: I've been switching between my own homemade version of Tend skin and the actual Tend skin for many many years now and used as per the instructions with a cotton pad, straight after shaving or waxing - legs and arms and then every day thereafter. I would only be able to cover one limb at a time, as the moment it was treated a 'stinging' sensation would start and I'd have to smear a fragrance-free moisturizer over the area as fast as possible, before continuing onto the next area. I'd rate the sensation as 100% on the first day after epilation, 50% the next day (moisturizer on the ready again!) and gone by the subsequent days. Late last year I decided to try a different product for ingrown hairs that had a milder formulation (Priva Shave - a HG and will write up on it shortly) and no longer get that stinging sensation at all. Have not used Tend skin ever since. The advantage Tend Skin has over Priva Shave is that it is ever-so-slightly more effective on preventing bumps, but it's not such a huge difference for me to go back to it and relive that awful stinging sensation again. The only way I could perhaps compromise and get the best of both worlds here is by using Priva Shave both post-epilation and the following day, and then switch to Tend Skin for the rest of the days up to epilating again. No sting and maximum results on bumps! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

WOW. I love this stuff. It’s not as cheap as you might expect ($15-$20), but it’s amazing. I don’t know what it is about this stuff vs. other razor burn preventing products, but this stuff works. I use this and no matter how bad of a shave job I did, I don’t get bumps. I just used it on my legs to see if it will help there.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

A real life saver for ingrown hair problems. I first came across this when a customer suggested it to me for my ingrowing hairs which I had just mentioned as an off the cuff remark (I work in a salon). I believe it is an American company but in recent years I have seen it more and more commonly sold in the UK. It is a bit on the expensive side but I can get about 4 months of use out of the large bottle size (472ml). Since I took my customers suggestion I do not have any more problems with ingrown hairs. I use it straight after waxing and then I use it every day after that. On the first two days I always have to use a fragrance free moisturiser after it such as Aveeno as fragranced ones can sting. I do this as otherwise there will be some stinging sensation just from using the Tend skin, but it is not noticeable on day 3 and onwards. Recently I have been using another product which is a gel and you can apply with your hands, no need for cotton wool. Power shave is the name. I do not find it as effective but it is still very good and lasts longer. So far been using it two months and had the odd one or two ingrown hairs but not more than that. If you want to be 100% clear I strongly recommend you try Tendskin. I have recommended to other clients too and will keep doing so. A great product!! :-)

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I'm an electrologist & cosmetologist, so I sold and used " Tend Skin" for years. This product is helpful for after an electrolysis treatment. Acts as an antiseptic, reduces the bit of swelling & redness one may get after treatment. After waxing services too. Use sparingly, and not on underarms or eyebrows until a day later. Will sting too much if applied too soon to those areas. Apply to dry skin only. Swipe on your treated area with cotton rounds or squares. If you use cotton balls you'll waste too much. You may also apply with a cotton swab to just dot it on blemish to dry it up. Also helpful to treat a oncoming cold sore. It will sting, only need a dab each day. Lip skin will peel days later, it reduces cold sore if you apply it onset of sore. Always rinse fingers after use, will be drying to skin & cuticles. Other uses; bugs bites, takes the sting out & reduces inflammation. Helps dry up blemishes on men's necks, buttocks , backs & chest areas with ingrown hairs. Brings hairs to the surface. Especially when one sits all day. Even truck drivers.... Read the instructions on bottle, and if one it sensitive to aspirin use, do not use everyday. I used it too frequently in the past especially with ingrown bikini hairs and experienced ringing in the ears. I personally have a sensitivity to, too much aspirin use. One ingredient in "Tend Skin" is acetylsalicylic acid, which is what aspirin is made of. Don't allow your skin to be exposed to UV rays right after use, skin will be too sensitive. Hope this is helpful to men and women...... Another similar product is "No Bump"

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I got my first Brazilian wax. I had a horrible reaction and this stuff cleared it up after 1 use. I'm very impressed.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I am loving this stuff! I always get ingrown hair regardless of what I do, but this stuff makes them so much easier to remove and it stops them from getting infected. If you're not careful, it might make your skin dry, so moisturise! Will repurchase!

About reviewer (280 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I am very impressed with this product! I've been waxing for the past year or so and recently switched back to shaving since it's wintertime, and to save money, etc.. I was reluctant to do so because i typically get irritating razor burn and annoying and unsightly ingrown hairs and it just looks terrible like less than 24 hours after i shave. And then i have to wait for the razor burn and ingrown hairs to resolve before i can even shave again and by that time i'm wondering what's the point?! But i found this product on Amazon and thought i'd give it a shot. I am not disappointed. I pat this on my skin right out of the shower. It has all but eliminated any irritation and razor burn as well as ingrown hairs. I am almost in disbelief. Also, as a result, i am able to shave again as soon as i need to so i can therefore stay relatively smooth whenever needed. I am so happy to have found this product and i definitely recommend it!! Whatever concerns some have about the cost are lost on me because if it works this well it is worth even more to me!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3.0

5 years ago

I have frequently chin hairs that sometimes once plucked turn into ingrowns...UGH. I've only been using this for two days and I already notice it's helping. Gave only 3 lippies because my chin is now super dry and peeling now :( but I'm going to start putting aquaphor*

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age19-24