AVEDA All Brushes

No Image

3.9

UD brushes are my favorite, but aveda ones are second. I have a few that are irreplaceable.
like the detail brush for instance.

http://www.fluxcore.org/article.php?id=50 here is an article on some tips on how to care for synthetic brushes.
I did notice that the brushes at the store that were kept clean with alcohol spray, although it drys faster, they did not feel as nice.

on 5/26/2007 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have #1 eye shadow brush. Compare to the others, it's just a so-so brush. The synthetic bristle is soft but too thin and doesn't attract the powder evenly. Mac's are much better, even my Annabelle's beats it off. Generally dislike this brush.

on 1/22/2007 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

[First of all, Aveda started using taklon (a synthetic fiber) for their brushes about a year and a half ago. This review is based on these current brushes.]
There are 12 different brushes in the Aveda line right now, powder, blush, L. eye, M. eye, S. eye, eye contour, small smudging brush, small angle, square-head liner, foundation, lip and eye definer. They range in price from $11-32.50. The handles are a nice length and the bristles are tightly compacted and don't easily come out. The bristles are very soft, in fact they're a little too soft in my opinion. It's hard to get a defined line with these (Thus, rendering the eye definer and angle brushes useless) because they are just so darned soft. The complexion brush is too small to do any foundation work, but makes a wonderful blending brush for the eye area. Out of all of these, the best is probably the L. eye brush; it will apply just about any powdered shadow smoothly. Overall, these are high quality, well designed brushes, but the taklon makes them too soft for serious and/or detailed MU work. I gave them 4 lippies because they're priced nicely and would be good for somebody with a simple MU routine.

on 10/8/2006 12:23:00 AM

YES i will buy all of these eventually. THese are relativly new...sense this year, i think.
they arent real hair, but are still some of the softest brushes I have felt. just wash them with a very gentle shampoo..and they are a pleasure to work with.

on 6/6/2006 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got these as a gift from my parents... the whole set (yeah, my parents are awesome). I use them every day and I think they're great. Super super soft, no shedding, great shapes, cruelty free... good times. Best I can tell I have all of flax sticks brushes available. I wash them every three months or so and they've been through two washings, no problem. Every now and then the hair on the largest brush gets a little smushy so I comb it out. That's probably weird.. but it helps a lot and it basically takes no time. Anyway. Love them. Highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I give Aveda snaps (and two lippies) for making cruelty free brushes. Unfortunately I have to respectfully disagree with the other reviewer. Yuck! These scratched my skin and made the makeup go on splotchy. Maybe the Aveda store I tried these at didn't take good care of their brushes but, frankly, I'm surprised they sell any makeup when the brushes are this ineffective.

on 8/4/2003 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are the only brushes I ever use. I use the Powder Brush, Blush Brush, Small and Meduim Eyeshadow Brushes, Eyeliner Brush (this one is great for smudging), Angled Brush (for precise eyeliner and good for filling in brows), and Lip Brush (also good for concealor). All are great quality, last FOREVER, wash very well, and Aveda brushes the hair from the animals to get the hair, they don't kill them.

Popular Makeup Brushes