3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Paul Mitchell the Conditioner receives a 4 out of 5 lipsticks from me. I give this score instead of 5 out of 5 because this product, although moisturizing, is a wee bit heavy for a leave-in and if even a tiny bit too much is used it can lead to greasy-looking, weighed down, lifeless locks. the Conditioner has a lot of positive qualities that I must mention though. When you are able to determine a proper amount to be used as per the clients hair type, density, and texture, this product is great for moisturizing, detangling, static control, and can aid lackluster strands in gaining a second wind. My tip to using this product in your client's or even your own hair is to start with a small amount and build up gradually working from the ends up the midshaft and slightly toward the scalp on damp hair, really focusing on the ends into the mid shaft, in order to ensure you haven't used too much product and don't distribute too much near the scalp. You will be able to tell when you have had enough product distributed, too much, or too little and really pay attention to this. It is important because this product can be a miracle when used correctly but can be challenging to do so. Distributing too much of this product near the scalp can result in hair having zero volume or body and looking greasy at the roots even though the hair is squeaky clean. Those are not the only positive qualities about this leave-in though. the Conditioner is also amazing when it doubles as a skin moisturizer and burn relief. The same Hawaiian awapuhi that balances moisture and wheat-derived conditioners that help provide moisture to your hair are the very same that make this into an excellent moisturizer for your skin. So, the Conditioner is not just good for moisturizing your hair it is amazing for dry skin too. Focusing the Conditioner toward your driest areas, such as your heels, knees, elbows, etc., can be super beneficial for relieving that insanely dry skin at those problem areas; in addition to providing moisture to all parts of the epidermis. All too often when working in the salon with thermal tools or even clients at home with their own thermal tools, we end up with a nasty burn from an over 300° iron of some sort that ends up being so painful it's not funny. Whether you have just burned your forehead or the top of your ear for the millionth time when styling your own hair or have burned between your fingers or someplace else on your hands, arms, or even chest (yes, that has for real happened to me. Just dont ask how lol because your guess is as good as mine) styling your client's hair brings up my third positive point about the Conditioner. It is an excellent burn relief cream for those minor but painful burns that happen in the salon or at home. When I was in school, I always kept a ziploc bag of the Conditioner in my kit or at my station to have burn healing power right at my finger tips whenever I may need it. Just slather that miracle cream on and keep on motoring! You are a stylist you don't have time to whine about such things as piddly burns that blistered down to the dermis. Get your life together! Even though the conditioner didn't make the cut in my salon, this time, I still consider this a magical unicorn tear product that deserves love and appreciation. I still may order a little sample bottle to keep on hand in case of burns... it probably wouldn't hurt you either even if you never use it for hair, it's a miracle burn cream.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairOther

3 years ago

Tried this in the 90's and thought it was terrible and overpriced, but recently decided to give it another shot and have been enjoying it. Who knows, I find it hard to believe it's the same formula after 20+ years, or maybe the bottle I got was old (it was a bit clumpy in texture where the bottle I have now is more like jel.) Part of why I think it is working for me is because my hair texture has changed, the other part it being a decent multiple use product because it can be used as a body moisturizer. I have very dry skin but I don't care for heavy moisturizers in the summer because I live in the southeast and humidity makes them feel slimey. This does have some alcohol in it so it absorbs quickly, making it a great summer lotion. Back to its original purpose, as a conditioner it makes my hair soft, but I do have to be careful I don't use too much or else it weighs it down. My husband has been really liking it so now I have another reason to get more, and we like paring this with the awapuhi shampoo (which can be used as a body wash) and have a few less bottles of stuff around. My only complaint is it is fragranced, but it does fade quickly.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

5 years ago

This product a bit too intense for my thin hair, so a tiny bit goes a long way. I can only use this on my hair if I leave it curly, else it is too greasy when I straighten it. For that purpose, it is pretty nice. It hydrates and defines my curls. That said, the bottle nozzle gets gunky/crusty easily and I wonder if it is bad for my hair in any way. Seems like it might be waxy. I think this is worth a try for someone with dry hair, just beware not to use too much.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This is a nice leave in conditioner. I have thick and dry hair so I just apply it to my ends before I blow dry and it leaves my hair nice and shiny. I no longer have the dry crunchy hair... The only problem is the horrible men's cologne smell...it smells like something like cheap men's cologne... and it's like a blue gel like texture. When I first poured the conditioner in my palm I though I'd accidental bought a hair gel instead! I hope in the future Paul Mitchell can give this a fragrance like that of Shampoo One.

About reviewer (227 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

I buy this leave in conditioner for years and I love it. It gives definition to my curls, it is really a good leave in that smooths the surface, leaving it nourished and protected. It defines my curls very well. love it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrunette

6 years ago

Best leave-in for my curls! Even better... The generic at Sally's!! 5.99 and does the same job. Can't beat it

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

6 years ago

I'm surprised there aren't more positive reviews for this product. Maybe it depends on hair type? I have wavy to curly hairy that tends to be dry and to frizz. I love this product! I use it after shampooing and conditioning, when my hair is still damp to wet. It defines my curls and eliminates frizz. It's economical because I only have to use about a quarter size (and my hair is a few inches past my shoulders and quite thick). It has a distinct smell that I quite like. I bought an enormous bottle and I expect it to last years!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

This leave in really did not provide any moisture and I had build up in my hair something terrible, and it felt completely coated...yuck

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

It's not perfect but it does the job - not necessarily hydrates my hair but it prevents my ends from drying out throughout the day.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesBlack

from

6 years ago

Smells just delightful, makes my hair feel extremely soft and tames my somewhat frizzy hair. Smooths and conditions and keeps moisture locked in. I am on my second bottle already and have even been referring to friends and they have experienced the same results.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age