Paul Mitchell The Conditioner

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water (aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, stearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteth-2, Cetrimonium Bromide, Dimethicone Bisamino Hydroxypropyl Copolyol, Dimethicone Misamino Hydroxxypropyl Copolyl,Alge/Aleoe Barbadenis/Chamomile/Henna/Jojoba/Rosemary/Dimethicone Copolyol, Wheatgermnmidopopropyl Ethydimonium Ethosulfate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hynation Iodiopropynyl Butylcarbarnate.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Tried this in the 90's and thought it was terrible and overpriced, but recently decided to give it another shot and have been enjoying it. Who knows, I find it hard to believe it's the same formula after 20+ years, or maybe the bottle I got was old (it was a bit clumpy in texture where the bottle I have now is more like jel.) Part of why I think it is working for me is because my hair texture has changed, the other part it being a decent multiple use product because it can be used as a body moisturizer. I have very dry skin but I don't care for heavy moisturizers in the summer because I live in the southeast and humidity makes them feel slimey. This does have some alcohol in it so it absorbs quickly, making it a great summer lotion.
Back to its original purpose, as a conditioner it makes my hair soft, but I do have to be careful I don't use too much or else it weighs it down. My husband has been really liking it so now I have another reason to get more, and we like paring this with the awapuhi shampoo (which can be used as a body wash) and have a few less bottles of stuff around. My only complaint is it is fragranced, but it does fade quickly.

I had rewrite this. I don't think this is a bad product probably ok for normal hair, but it just does not work on my highlighted crispy ends. I will stick with my Joico products for now. I won't be buying again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice leave in conditioner. I have thick and dry hair so I just apply it to my ends before I blow dry and it leaves my hair nice and shiny. I no longer have the dry crunchy hair...
The only problem is the horrible men's cologne smell...it smells like something like cheap men's cologne... and it's like a blue gel like texture.
When I first poured the conditioner in my palm I though I'd accidental bought a hair gel instead!
I hope in the future Paul Mitchell can give this a fragrance like that of Shampoo One.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product a bit too intense for my thin hair, so a tiny bit goes a long way. I can only use this on my hair if I leave it curly, else it is too greasy when I straighten it. For that purpose, it is pretty nice. It hydrates and defines my curls. That said, the bottle nozzle gets gunky/crusty easily and I wonder if it is bad for my hair in any way. Seems like it might be waxy. I think this is worth a try for someone with dry hair, just beware not to use too much.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Best leave-in for my curls! Even better... The generic at Sally's!! 5.99 and does the same job. Can't beat it

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I buy this leave in conditioner for years and I love it. It gives definition to my curls, it is really a good leave in that smooths the surface, leaving it nourished and protected. It defines my curls very well. love it.

This leave in really did not provide any moisture and I had build up in my hair something terrible, and it felt completely coated...yuck

I'm surprised there aren't more positive reviews for this product. Maybe it depends on hair type? I have wavy to curly hairy that tends to be dry and to frizz. I love this product! I use it after shampooing and conditioning, when my hair is still damp to wet. It defines my curls and eliminates frizz. It's economical because I only have to use about a quarter size (and my hair is a few inches past my shoulders and quite thick). It has a distinct smell that I quite like. I bought an enormous bottle and I expect it to last years!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smells just delightful, makes my hair feel extremely soft and tames my somewhat frizzy hair. Smooths and conditions and keeps moisture locked in. I am on my second bottle already and have even been referring to friends and they have experienced the same results.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

It's not perfect but it does the job - not necessarily hydrates my hair but it prevents my ends from drying out throughout the day.