Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask

Boots  Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask
Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay MaskBotanics Shine Away Ionic Clay MaskBotanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask

4.3

Sea silt (Natural oceanic clay), Aqua (Water), Potassium sorbate, Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, Salix nigra (Willow) bark extract

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I don't get it...its just eh..I read this was a dupe for GlamGlow's mask which I like but was too expensive to repurchase. It feels tight on the skin and tingly upon application...tricking me into thinking its working, but I see no difference. I guess I will keep it when I feel like multi-masking but I am not impressed. I will say, after a while, the mask is separating and all this pre-mask water (is that the right word?) comes out...which may be resolved if it was in a pump or jar? I don't know but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This does for me everything the infamous mask that starts with "G" (the one that almost every big-named youtuber has ever raved about), but this one obviously is a mere fraction of the price.

I like that this comes in a squeeze tube, it is more santitary than the masks that come in a tub, and I feel the product stays fresher longer in a tube as opposed to a tub. A very nice mask indeed and for me does exactly what the "G" mask does, but still not 'perfect' (but then, neither is the infamous overhyped one that starts with a "G").

I still prefer my Freeman masks. They are even a fraction of the cost of this and for me the Freeman masks actually make my skin feel and look better. But if I find this on sale or something I would not be opposed to purchasing it again. But if you have been longing for that overhyped mask that starts with a "G," try this. You can find this in Ulta and Target and sometimes in Kohls. All in all as masks go, this is very nice, and for me totally on par with that "G" mask.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I purposely bought this mask because I saw what good reviews it had on here. I have very oily and acne prone skin and to be honest I did not see anything special about it. It did not help my acne nor did it help my oiliness. It did not make me break out though. A lot of people complain about the smell, but I did not find it a problem. Don't get me wrong, it's a good mask! I just don't think there's anything special about it. A few 'tips' I do have to say are that when you think the product is out, cut the bottom off and you will see there is a ton of product left! Another tip is, people complained that this mask was too liquidy. You need to shake it before applying it, then it'll work. The mask dries very fast also. So, the mask is good I guess?

on 12/21/2015 1:56:00 PM

I can't believe how good are the reviews here on makeupalley! I absolutely hated this product. It smells horrible, the texture is extremely runny and doesn't do a thing for my skin. I really wanted to like this becase it s not pricey and people seem to love it but I ve tried this mask 3 times already hoping that I would get use to it but I don't think that's ever going to happen :)

I have only used this mask once, but in the 5 days since I used it, I can really tell a difference in my skin! It looks and feels so much smoother and brighter. I bought this mask, the Botanics toning spray and the Botanics facial oil together, so it's hard to say how they would perform individually, but I can say that together, I have never seen such a noticeable change in my skin! Comparing these products to other drug store skin care products they can seem a bit pricey, but when you consider how well they work and how much some similar products cost... this is a steal!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
- Doesn't dry out my skin post clay mask removal like other clay masks do
- Skin feels clean afterward
- Easy to remove

CONS:
- Stinks like a metal zipper!! Like when you're wearing a zip up hoodie/jacket and for some reason, the zipper part smells weird. Maybe I just have a really sensitive nose..

Can't repurchase because the smell is so off-putting to me :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This mask is such a great product! I have sensitive, combination/oily skin, prone to blackheads and the occasional hormonal breakout, and this mask actually feels pretty nourishing for a clay product. It doesn't dry out the non-oily parts of my face and doesn't leave me with that stripped, tight-face sensation other masks do. The best part for me, gross as it may sound, is that you can see the impurities it draws out of your skin as it dries, which I find oddly satisfying.
I've been using it once every six days and notice a big difference in my complexion and the appearance of my pores, which actually look unclogged and smaller even a couple of days after using the mask. It doesn't provoke any redness or irritation and I haven't had any adverse reaction so far, so I will definitely keep using and repurchasing until it stops working.

on 3/2/2015 2:13:00 AM

This is a truly amazing product! I have tried many different brands, both high-end and drugstore, and this is BY FAR the best!

It is the only clay mask I have ever used that did not break me out. It dries pretty quickly and comes off easily. The neat part about this mask is that you can see the dark spots of oil that is pulled out of your pores after the mask dries. It leaves the skin very smooth and soft. Your skin will feel tight if you do not moisturize afterwards.

Target now carries Boots products, so for less than $10 you can try it and take it back if you don't like it. Ulta.com also sells it.

on 2/27/2015 12:30:00 PM

This mask is heaven sent for my sensitive combination skin which clogs really easily.
It deep-cleans without being drying (most things feel drying on my skin, so this is HG effect). Skin feels fresh and nourished from the clay, and does not aggravate my rosacea. I apply after double cleansing, and I make sure I get it all off by first rinsing, then using a warm washcloth to get the last residue off.
Used 2 times a week this (+acid toner daily) really helps me clear the blackheads, and I really think (from experience) that's because it's so simple and doesn't strip your skin - just a nice deep-clean that doesn't freak your skin out.
Also, the Botanics Facial Oil is lovely to use after this if you have combination skin - it seems to boost the nourishment and my skin looks glowing. Hope they never discontinue this mask!

on 1/25/2015 1:55:00 AM

I've been using this mask for about four years now- long enough to witness a few new scents and ingredients and a smaller package and higher price tag. I always end up happy with this product. I like that the ingredients are natural and I love that when I use it I can see the results (it's clay so you can see the junk from your pores get sucked out-gross but important). I can totally see a difference in my skin, it always looks its best the day after I use this mask.
I can't say enough about this product- while it may not be HG status it is amazing for the price point! You have to give it a shot!
Also, I have pretty dry skin since it's January, and I can use this mask once a week and be fine. I always use my Clinique moisture surge night mask after and I find my skin feels fine, not too tight.