DHC Face Powder

DHC Face Powder

4.3

I had the really old version back in 2006. It's a very fine powder and a decent loose powder. Sets foundation and leaves you shine-free for couple hours. Good sturdy packaging (I had a few really bad ones that would have powder coming off the gaps at the rim). Back then the formula was matte. I repurchased it again and that was when the new formula came out. I didn't like the new one -- way too shimmery :(. Since then I moved on to other products.

**Update**
A few years back then I didn't like the micro-glitter in the new formula. I started to use this powder again and now I love it. It adds a nice glow to my face without looking too powdery. It's hard to get a hold of this product now as a lot of DHC stores have closed down.

on 8/10/2007 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this on a clearance sale for like $5. Can u believe it?!?
Got the deep one as not much choice from the clearance sale. Even though the shade isn't right ('cos I'm fair), it still looks fine on me.
Agree with other opinions that the packaging is soooooooo cute, and the puff is so puffy and softy.

Another steal.

on 4/14/2007 1:48:00 PM

I love this powder - I use the translucent, which is very light - it's hard to find a really light powder for fair skin. It's very sheer and doesn't cake. As for the packaging, they must have changed it because it's not "cute" - it's a nice large-size cannister with a sifter top. I use my own spongy applicators, since I like to wash them daily.

I bought the light in this, it looks almost white. I actually used a big brush instead of the puff that came with it. I didn't break out from it though, Thank God! A little dusting controlled shine for a while, but there are better powders out there for a lot less money.

on 2/14/2006 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this loose powder! It's smooth and I don't feel my pores are blocked by the powder at all. The powder evens my face colour and it does not make my face looks like a mask. But the teenage packing really puts me down...

on 10/28/2006 5:31:00 AM

i bought it as i did not have enough knowledge on buying cosmetics and without friends' recommendation

i got the deep one

the puff is really nice actually and the finishing is quite good, not cause any breakout though....but, it's really not good at oil control. my face turns very shine after 1~2hours, so, it's just nice at the beginning

the colour is quite white even i use "deep", so i think it's just for someone not having oily skin and not dark skin tone

on 1/30/2005 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a good powder. I have it in the lightest shade, and it's quickly become one of my favorite powders. I've tried a lot of loose powders -- Laura Mercier, Becca, Sonia Kashuk, Prescriptives, Merle Norman, Jurlique, several T. LeClerc powders, Lancome, and more. I've liked (and loved) many of those, but DHC's powder is comparable if not better than those powders and wears beautifully. I agree with the previous posters that the packaging is great. Cute, easy to transport without spilling, great little puff, and easy to shake up the right amount of powder you need. Plus it is very reasonably priced. I will defintely be buying this again. It's become my everyday powder.

on 9/14/2004 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This face powder is so cute!!!!It absorb oil better than any face powder,and for $12 what a steal!!

on 7/13/2005 3:19:00 PM

I bought this powder after trying a friends. Finally! A loose powder that is portable and won't spill everywhere! The holes are small so only a little powder gets out at a time and the lid is screw on so there is no possibilitiy of a big mess in your purse. The powder is finely milled, perfect for sensative skin, and in a cute container. Note the the colors run pretty light. I would normally need the lightest color in this and the medium is plenty light enough for me. This is my first DHC purchase (along with the Mild Soap) and so far I am really liking it. And the fact that they are generous with samples and the shipping is speedy doesn't hurt either!

on 5/27/2005 5:38:00 PM

A large quantity of non-iritating finely milled powder in a cute domed plastic container. There is an insert with holes, so you just turn the container up-side-down and it deposits power on the wonderful very soft included powder puff. The only downside is that if you take it on the road large quantities of the powder will end up in the domed top and you will make a mess when you open it, so this one stays on my bathroom counter. Anyway, at $12 it is a great product and at $12 one you should not hesitate to stick in you shopping cart if you are ordering other DHC products and in need of face powder.