Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

3.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

on 10/29/2018 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This toner is absolutely useless.
At the moment I have skin that’s close to normal with a tad drier forehead and oilier chin with lots of acne. Plus it’s rather sensitive and gets red quickly. And this toner does nothing for it.
Moisturising? No. Soothing? No. Any help with acne? Absolutely none.
I’ve bought it hoping that it would help with pimples and sensitivity and will replace my favourite calendula toner from Holika Holika (out of production now). But it’s not only not as good as it but does nothing for a much higher price tag.
You’d say that the toner’s work is hard to notice but somewhat I did with Holika Holika, Origins (Megamushroom lotion) and Indie Lee’s toners.
Apart from the ridiculous disproportion between price and quality that Kiehl’s toner also has a rather lame ingredients list. Methylparaben is 4th in the list. Not so much for actual calendula left.
Conclusion: save your money, the toner is crap.

on 6/21/2016 7:18:00 PM

I always thought I had dry skin due to some flakiness over the years and now I'm getting fine lines. I went to a Kieh's store and they tested my skin and it turns out, I have combination skin. Severely dry cheeks and oily forehead. The sales girl recommended the calendula toner with some other items that I ended up buying. I never really used toners before besides the super astringent toner once or twice in high school that burned. This doesn't burn my skin. I haven't noticed a lot of excess dirt or makeup coming off with this toner because I use coconut oil to take off my makeup before my skincare routine. This used with the face wash and serum I bought from Kiehl's, has been working for my skin. I feel my skin is smoother and the small breakouts I had are all gone. I really like this line.

on 9/23/2015 8:08:00 AM

I've used up a tester, a 250ml and a 500ml bottle.

Immediately after applying, it made my skin feel incredibly smooth - I couldn't stop touching it! It was unbelievable, and this is coming from someone with naturally youthful and soft skin. It was excellent for sensitive skin and not irritating in the slightest.

However, I did not recognise any long-term benefits from using it. I wanted to love it and kept repurchasing but for a product with such a high price tag it simply wasn't good enough for me to keep using it.

This is definitely good for humid countries as it is not drying or harsh yet, provides good moisturizing properties.

on 9/30/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because of the raving reviews and because the sales person told me that this toner has helped many people with adult acne (those magic words!). The price was just ridiculous, 40eur for 250ml bottle, but since I love Kiehls products and the rare earth-line has literally saved my life, I thought it could be worth it. (I have not tried the rare earth toner since it has alcohol in it and thats something my skin just cant stand). Ive now been using this toner for about 3 months and I think Im ready to give my review.

This toner is ok. Its far better than any drugstore toner or any toner with alcohol, but for the price Im looking for something SPECIAL. Yes, it calms down my skin, smells nice, looks nice in the bottle, its easy to use and makes my skin feel fresh, but it doesnt help me with my pimples etc. I dont like the flower petals, theyre kind of yacky. Actually thats the only downside (and the price).

Still, I prefer my old la roche posay physiological toner. It has the same effects, but for like 15euros. So if you like this toner, but the price is too high, give la roche posay a try!

loved this product. leaves the skin feeling so clean without overdrying. i used to use it in the evening mainly to remove all the make up and it always worked well for me. as i had oily forehead at that time it worked very well with that, mattifiying it but not significally. all and all my favourite toner from kiehls, a bit too expensive compared to the others, but would purchase it again.

on 1/19/2012 10:47:00 AM

Best thing about this product is that it doesn't have alcohol, it is the only toner that hasn't dried my skin out, and the only toner I have ever liked. The only reason I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 is maybe there are other alcohol free toners that are better because this is the only alcohol free one i have tried. Calendula also combats redness, which I need and likeand it's all natural and organic. I would reccomend this to anyone, but they give out samples at nordstrom so of course always test it first to be sure.

Update 3/26 I lowered the rating bc I found my HG Toner which is way better!!!! It is alcohol-free but is also a treatment bc it has vitamin b3 (Niacinamide - the stuff in those Nia creams) and other goodies, makes my skin soft and smooth, soothes redness and moisturizes, WAY better than this that is pretty much just water with flower petals!
Update I forgot to say the name of my HG it's the all natural brand Amazonia - Neroli Tonic Treatment Probiotic Vitamin Toner, best stuff ever!

on 4/16/2011 10:50:00 AM

This stuff is so overpriced for what it is. The lady told me this was their top selling toner, she also threw in that a lot of Asian women use this stuff. IDK why she said that, not like it would make me want to buy it any more. Anyways, it did nothing for my skin. I felt like it didn't even remove residual dirt left over after cleansing.

on 7/1/2009 12:34:00 PM

I went to Kiehl's in Neiman Marcus looking for a sample of one of their products. While there, the SA convinced me to buy this saying that it is the most calming and gentle product for sensitive skin prone to break outs. I'm giving it two lippies because on the first day it did do its job of taking off excess make up and dirt even though it did leave my face feeling sticky. On my second day of use, my skin was all red and burning. Third day, break outs! Not a fan. I went to return it to NM, and the SA was like oh i'm so glad you came to return it, we want our customers to be happy, blah blah, then gave me store credit when I had paid in cash! I will never buy another Kiehl's toner, nor will I shop at NM again! Terrible customer service.

on 4/25/2005 1:40:00 AM

I finished a 16oz bottle. Though i am currently trying Phytomer's Face Dew due to the great MUA reviews, I liked Calendula Toner a lot. It's very gentle and soothing, great for combination to oily skins. The things I don't like include (1) its steep price (2) the actual Calendula plant in the bottle. Other than these, it's a very good toner for combination/oily skin.