Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

3.4

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

on 9/30/2014 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because of the raving reviews and because the sales person told me that this toner has helped many people with adult acne (those magic words!). The price was just ridiculous, 40eur for 250ml bottle, but since I love Kiehlīs products and the rare earth-line has literally saved my life, I thought it could be worth it. (I have not tried the rare earth toner since it has alcohol in it and thatīs something my skin just canīt stand). Iīve now been using this toner for about 3 months and I think Iīm ready to give my review.

This toner is ok. Itīs far better than any drugstore toner or any toner with alcohol, but for the price Iīm looking for something SPECIAL. Yes, it calms down my skin, smells nice, looks nice in the bottle, itīs easy to use and makes my skin feel fresh, but it doesnīt help me with my pimples etc. I donīt like the flower petals, theyīre kind of yacky. Actually thatīs the only downside (and the price).

Still, I prefer my old la roche posay physiological toner. It has the same effects, but for like 15euros. So if you like this toner, but the price is too high, give la roche posay a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Its good when your skin is inflamed or sensitized.

It really helped to control my skin when I was still having mild acne. My skin has more or less cleared up now. Only having a slight pop up now and then.

So I have not been using it much as there isnt much of a difference in using it or not.

Good when your skin is reddish and irritated, otherwise, a very pricey toner.

on 4/15/2013 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was so expensive but irritated my skin as if it had alcohol! My skin was red upon application and remained red and in the end I couldn't stand it anymore and washed my face again. Did not find it calming in any way, my Simple toner is much better than this in calming my sensitive, acne prone skin.

17th May Update

Ok, I changed from my original one star to three stars. When I used it last time I had an allergy and wanted it to calm my skin but it didn't work. My skin has calmed down now and I tried it again. It feels comfortable on my skin but it doesn't give any spectacular effects.

on 5/1/2010 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what some people were saying about this product but maybe it was their skin that didn't match it.... but I know for sure when I tried it the first time I fell in love!

Calendula it self is a natural and healthy plant that soothes and heals the skin of burns and what not... so I figured this is a sample and I like natural products why not? After using it up I had to just get me a bottle of it.

The price didn't make me too happy about it but it works and it was worth it to waste... uh hmmm.... I mean spend on it. This would probably be the only problem that I have with it, the price.

Oh and also the calendual petals are a nice touch to show that it's a very natural product, but I feel like I'm spending more on the packaging and the petals than I am on the liquid portion of the product that I am in more need of.

Oh man, was I scared to try this toner! My skin does NOT react well to "botanicals". Give me the fake stuff!
This toner, however, is really nice and calming. A slight tingle, not at all stripping or stinging and makes my skin feel really clean and ready for moisturizer!

As I have said in my other reviews, I have probably the worst skin on the planet, oily but moisture deprived, acne, rosacea, red and angry and highly sensitive to products!

I have been using a retinol treatment, and my derm. ordered me to not try anything with any fragrances or acids or anything that would cause my skin to be more peelie. I was using Cetaphil under his request, but my skin was so tight and unhappy I knew I had to do something!

I went to the kiehl's store and was impressed at the overall atmosphere and recieved outstanding customer service from a very professional and kind woman who really listened to me. How often does that happen? She practically DISCOURAGED me from buying anything until I had a chance to try some samples. She recommended the Ultra Facial Cleanser, Calendula Toner, and Ultra Facial Moisturizer! I love them all!

on 1/31/2008 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am a big Kiehl's fan and swear by their cream cleanser, this magic toner, and the ultra facial moisturizer. I recently ran out of the toner and continued on with the process. Two weeks later, my skin looks like crap and my other beloved products are working at all. I replenished the Calendula toner last week, and have seen such a marked improvement of my skin clarity and the other products I use are working much better as well. This is my HG toner.

on 11/5/2007 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have combination skin and get more oily in the summer. I used this primarily in the summer, didn't see fantastic result. I picked it up frist since it was designed for combination with no alcohol and many people really love it. This toner clean the skin again after cleaser and prepare a bit my skin for the lotion. My skin feel soft and refreshing after use. It didn't control much of the shine, oil production. It might prevent my ance from increasing, I don't know. This is a tiny bottle with big price tag. I dont' think I will buy it again for the price with little or no result. I might just get some sample and use now and than.

on 7/27/2007 3:40:00 PM

I always keep coming back to this one and believe me, I have tried lots of upmarket toners (Clarins, Elemis etc.). I think if you have sensitive skin, especially with a T-zone tending towards oily, there is nothing better. My skin was in a really bad state beginning June after a very stressful time at work (no day off for over a month - that's freelancing for you sometimes...) and this in conjunction with the Estee Lauder Verite Calming Fluid made a world of difference. Within a few weeks my skin was smooth and blemish free. I have just run out and have ordered my new bottle from the Kiehls store in London (hard to get here in England) and can't wait for it to arrive... I sometimes also use the cucumber toner, but this one is far superior. And I have to admit, I even like the packaging with the floating flower petals in the bottle!

on 6/26/2005 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gosh, this stuff IS expensive! I got the 4oz for CAD$28 *jar drops* & I've been using it for about a week now. I love how it smells like herbal tea. :) It feels really gentle & it's alcohol free so I won't have to worry about it drying out my skin. I have oil & acne prone sensitive skin & the Blue Herbal Astringent was too harsh on me, so I exchanged it for this one. I've also been using this stuff on my chest, which is also prone to acne-like pumps, & my chest looks like it's clearing up! Although this toner could possibly be the most expensive toner on the market, it's the only toner that I have actually liked. I will probably repurchase, unless I find something cheaper & works as lovely. Will update after I use the entire 4oz bottle. *UPDATE* So I've finished the 4oz bottle, & switched to using DDF Glycolic 10% Toner, & it's SO MUCH BETTER! I heart DDF. Will NOT be repurchasing Calendula Toner, ever.:P

on 11/20/2004 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm really happy with the performance of this toner. It has made my skin look brighter & refreshed (I had a few breakouts in the first couple days though.) It has helped my red blotchy skin (roseaca & lupus) tremendously !!! It's worth every penny =)