Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

on 11/22/2018 4:37:00 AM

causes breakouts for me on places i dont even usually have acne, like the side of my cheek next to my nose

on 10/29/2018 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This toner is absolutely useless.
At the moment I have skin that’s close to normal with a tad drier forehead and oilier chin with lots of acne. Plus it’s rather sensitive and gets red quickly. And this toner does nothing for it.
Moisturising? No. Soothing? No. Any help with acne? Absolutely none.
I’ve bought it hoping that it would help with pimples and sensitivity and will replace my favourite calendula toner from Holika Holika (out of production now). But it’s not only not as good as it but does nothing for a much higher price tag.
You’d say that the toner’s work is hard to notice but somewhat I did with Holika Holika, Origins (Megamushroom lotion) and Indie Lee’s toners.
Apart from the ridiculous disproportion between price and quality that Kiehl’s toner also has a rather lame ingredients list. Methylparaben is 4th in the list. Not so much for actual calendula left.
Conclusion: save your money, the toner is crap.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Trash - did literally nothing for my dry, acne prone skin. And the packaging is cheap rubbish, I accidentally dropped the bottle (not from a great height) and the lid broke so I couldn't take it anywhere or it would leak.

Packaging:
Purchased during Christmas time so had the limited edition Christmas packaging, which was cute but nothing fancy.

Price:
Purchased from Westfield Shopping Centre for £35 for 250ml. Considering the performance, I DEFINITELY don't think it's worth more than £5.

Performance:
I have oily, acne-prone skin with pores that clog up easily and was on the hunt for a holy grail toner. The toners I've used previously were ok but nothing special - they were just another part of my skincare routine that I wasn't sure I needed. I made the mistake of thinking that an expensive toner would be different. This toner didn't break me out, but it didn't do anything for my skin either - I saw absolutely no difference between this and Garnier's Toner.
I really wanted to love this product so I stuck on with it and have used up the whole bottle. Yes, the whole 250ml! But I still saw no difference in my skin or the way my subsequent skincare products were absorbing.

Overall:
Save your money.
For a no fuss toner with the same results, I'd recommend the Garnier Soothing Vitamin Enriched Toner (£3ish from Boots)
For a toner that actually enhances your skin I'd recommend the Son and Park Beauty Water (£19ish, I got mine from Yesstyle)

on 11/5/2016 1:55:00 AM

Ok please if you have acne prone skin do not use!!! This caused thee worst breakout of cystic acne I've ever had in my life. I've only been using it for a week, I had high hopes for this toner. I regret not reading the reviews prior to buying this.

I have acne prone and oily skin. I tried this about two years ago back when I was 18 or 19. I really had high hopes for this toner because my friend recommended it to me. I bought it together with the Kiehls blue herbal cleanser and the kiehls oil free moisturizing gel. Couple of days after I started using it, 2 big bumps appeared on my forehead. I actually thought that my face was purging but I still decided to continue using it. Sadly, after a couple of weeks my face was covered in red cystic acne. It took me almost a year for my face to be clear from acne scarring. Hope this review helps

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Absolutely useless. My skin felt dry and tight. I have normal skin and have had no break outs and this product managed to make me break out with dryness and flakiness. Switched back to Guerlain's Super Aqua. If you have normal to dry skin with sensitivities, do not use this. Also it contains paraben!

A Kiehl's salesman conned me into buying this toner and I've used it twice--complete rubbish and I am so irritated as this is way to expensive for a toner..does absolutely nothing--what a waste of money..

Help! :(

I don't think this product did my face any justice (so far?)
I have been using it for a week now and my face is still red & blotchy! And it seems that I have had a few more spots since using this product. Can someone tell me if the effects take more time to show? :( coz it's so expensive...

on 7/24/2006 1:19:00 PM

A very nice gentle toner, smells like herbal tea. I don't think the floating herbal leaves inside the bottle make any sense besides the decorating effect, and bottle leaks if it's not in an upright position. But I like this toner anyway, so I will repurchase despite how expensive it is. Edit: This toner is nothing special at all. A rip-off.