Kiehl's Calendula Toner

Kiehl's Calendula Toner

3.6

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

Packaging:
Purchased during Christmas time so had the limited edition Christmas packaging, which was cute but nothing fancy.

Price:
Purchased from Westfield Shopping Centre for £35 for 250ml. Considering the performance, I DEFINITELY don't think it's worth more than £5.

Performance:
I have oily, acne-prone skin with pores that clog up easily and was on the hunt for a holy grail toner. The toners I've used previously were ok but nothing special - they were just another part of my skincare routine that I wasn't sure I needed. I made the mistake of thinking that an expensive toner would be different. This toner didn't break me out, but it didn't do anything for my skin either - I saw absolutely no difference between this and Garnier's Toner.
I really wanted to love this product so I stuck on with it and have used up the whole bottle. Yes, the whole 250ml! But I still saw no difference in my skin or the way my subsequent skincare products were absorbing.

Overall:
Save your money.
For a no fuss toner with the same results, I'd recommend the Garnier Soothing Vitamin Enriched Toner (£3ish from Boots)
For a toner that actually enhances your skin I'd recommend the Son and Park Beauty Water (£19ish, I got mine from Yesstyle)

on 3/28/2018 9:42:00 PM

I have dehydrated, combination skin prone to redness and clogged pores. I have finished two bottles of Clinique 3-step system toner and found that the alcohol made my skin too sensitive. This is the first Kiehl's product I tired, and i instantly fell in love.
I would recommend purchasing samples online before going for the full-size product, which I did. On the first day I immediately noticed a difference- less redness, more hydrated skin, and it doesn't clog my pores! I think the toner calms my skin and effectively refreshes complexion after cleansing. I don't think the toner would magically cure any acne (if you have them), but if you want a toner that is oil free and won't clog your pores this is a really good option.
It has been a long time since I no longer have any clogged pores and I am very flattered. I don't know if this is the product which does it as I have added a few other products in my regime, but I wouldn't be surprised as I heard that Allantoin herb acts as a bacteria inhibitor and can sooth inflammation.
I also purchased the oil free gel cream sample and I love it as much, ended up purchasing full size for both products!

on 2/3/2017 6:48:00 AM

I have oily acne prone skin (I mostly get hormonal acne so when I have a breakout it is usually sudden and results and large irritated pimples around my jawline and mouth) and this is one of the few products I have found which really helps. Don't get me wrong this toner did not cure my acne overnight but it helps sooth the irritated areas on my face and my acne seems to clear up faster and be less angry looking when I use this toner. Despite the high price tag I will repurchase this product because it has worked wonderfully for me.

on 1/3/2017 7:32:00 AM

Love this toner! My skin is sensitive and acne prone and this is the only toner that helps to reduce all the redness on my skin! Best part? Alcohol free!

on 1/2/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Personally I love this product. I have insanely sensitive skin, it flares up very easily when I try new products if I'm not careful. I get cystic acne. And in addition to all that I without fail break out before a period. I love this toner because for me, it acts as a less harsh exfoliation and takes off much of the dead skin - which is particularly great for winter. Using the other products like the clarisonic and beaded face exfoliations have been way to harsh and just push the oil around causing break outs. This toner is perfect and avoids all that for me. I used to use it in combination with Cetaphil face wash and face cream but a couple months ago I switched to the Calendula face wash which I like. I've seen people in the reviews here complaining about this toner drying out skin. I have mainly oily skin myself. It can definitely cause some tightness but this is not all the time. It's about 40% of the time, I think it has to do with the face wash you use as well because that'll determine how much oil has already been stripped from the face. But I moisturizer after washing my face anyways so this isn't really something that bothers me. OVERALL, I love it. And I hate going without it when it runs out at home or at the store.

on 11/5/2016 1:55:00 AM

Ok please if you have acne prone skin do not use!!! This caused thee worst breakout of cystic acne I've ever had in my life. I've only been using it for a week, I had high hopes for this toner. I regret not reading the reviews prior to buying this.

on 8/11/2016 12:30:00 PM

Pros:
- gentle on skin
- smells heavenly

Cons:
- minimal effect even after a bottle
- caused 3 pimples

I have acne prone and oily skin. I tried this about two years ago back when I was 18 or 19. I really had high hopes for this toner because my friend recommended it to me. I bought it together with the Kiehls blue herbal cleanser and the kiehls oil free moisturizing gel. Couple of days after I started using it, 2 big bumps appeared on my forehead. I actually thought that my face was purging but I still decided to continue using it. Sadly, after a couple of weeks my face was covered in red cystic acne. It took me almost a year for my face to be clear from acne scarring. Hope this review helps

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very mild toner that does not seem to do much for my skin. However it also does not break me out. Finished a whole bottle and did not feel any difference in my skin. I have definitely used better toners for this price. Would not repurchase