Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

Filtered by age: 36-43
Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

3.4

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

on 6/29/2018 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like the scent of this (very herbal) and calendula is supposed to be very soothing but this broke me out. I believe the corn starch is to blame which has been an issue for me in the past. Not sure why they added this ingredient. Will not repurchase, may work well for those who are not acne prone.

on 6/29/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I'm sooooo in love with this toner. I didn't think I'd like it at all, but I got a sample first and now I'm addicted. Makes my skin feel so good and refreshed. Does not burn. Gentle on skin.

on 6/21/2016 7:18:00 PM

I always thought I had dry skin due to some flakiness over the years and now I'm getting fine lines. I went to a Kieh's store and they tested my skin and it turns out, I have combination skin. Severely dry cheeks and oily forehead. The sales girl recommended the calendula toner with some other items that I ended up buying. I never really used toners before besides the super astringent toner once or twice in high school that burned. This doesn't burn my skin. I haven't noticed a lot of excess dirt or makeup coming off with this toner because I use coconut oil to take off my makeup before my skincare routine. This used with the face wash and serum I bought from Kiehl's, has been working for my skin. I feel my skin is smoother and the small breakouts I had are all gone. I really like this line.

This is quite pricey for a toner. If you have sensitive skin or known allergy to alcohol-based products, this may be worth a try. Otherwise, there are cheaper alternatives.

What's Good?

3. Takes too long to absorb
4. No visible improvement

Full review and price details at http://bit.ly/1DFKKO8

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

One of my all-time favourite toners. Does its job of balancing my combination skin. Smells like chrysanthamum tea though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a great alcohol-free toner. It doesn't strip your skin or cause any irritation. I don't know, however, if there is anything medicinal in it (are the flower bits floating in the bottom really necessary?) I do find the toner soothing and pleasant smelling. The price is outrageous, But yet I continue to buy it.

on 3/15/2007 8:02:00 PM

Although I don't buy this often because of the price, this is my favorite toner and a real pleasure to use. Its very gentle on the skin and actually contains little flower petals that creates an overall luxurious feel and experience. Feels natural and healthy. Pleasant, light smell. Non-drying, no alcohol. Very nice product.

on 5/11/2006 3:44:00 PM

already my 2nd large bottle.
combination/oily skin.

on 9/10/2004 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is based on a sample of the toner. Kiehl's has a great sample program -- the samples are generous (10 cc for the toner), so you can try it out over several days...which, as we all know, is the only real way you can try out a skin care product. My sample lasted about 3-4 days. At first, I was skeptical, because it seems very light and watery (it is an alcohol-free formula], and I'm so used to seeing somewhat harsh and alcohol-containing toners designed for normal-to-oily skin. [My skin type is combination tending towards oily, with occasional breakouts, sometimes very sensitive, and with some pigmentation.] I did wonder if it was going to do anything. However, I was pleasantly surprised. After just a few days, my skin is clearer and "calmer". There isn't any irritation either. I used the toner with a very generous sample of the gentle foaming cleanser (and there's still a lot of cleanser left in the packet). I will buy at some point in the near future and will try to update this review after using the product for a few weeks...

I noticed no difference in my skin when using this product. Water is as effective and much cheaper.