Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

Filtered by age: 30-35
Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

3.4

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

on 9/18/2018 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Smells good. The petals in the bottle are rather annoying.
Decent toner but i did not repurchase after finishing my first bottle. Found another toner from the drugstore that gives the same effect but cost 10 times less.

on 3/28/2018 9:42:00 PM

on 11/5/2016 1:55:00 AM

Ok please if you have acne prone skin do not use!!! This caused thee worst breakout of cystic acne I've ever had in my life. I've only been using it for a week, I had high hopes for this toner. I regret not reading the reviews prior to buying this.

on 7/7/2015 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product because I was looking for a toner that would help lessen the oiliness on my face and control the acne around. I hardly noticed the difference in using this in terms of oiliness and acne. However, it did not dry out my face after use, unlike other toners where my face felt dry and too taut, so that's a good thing. I also liked that it hardly smelled of anything.

Updated review (3 - 4 months after earlier post): I am almost finished with this product. It seems less watery, because I think the liquid to flower petal ratio is lessening, and the flower petals are having a stronger effect on 'toning' my skin. I actually have strained the flower petals out of the liquid. I am s/till not a fan of this product. It doesn't make me break out, but I don't know how well it is balancing/de-flaking/refreshing/toning my skin either. I think it actually makes it harder fro me to smooth serums onto my skin as it may be leaving its own layer of skin treating properties on the skin. Is that a bad thing? What is this layer of product made of? I have already started on a new toner from a different brand. I am only going to use this for "now-and-then" mid-day refreshment or quick pick-me-up. I don't want to throw it away, and whatever amount I have left, I will use. My final opinion: it's not worth the price tag and NOT a repurchase.

Original review: I do not know what to make of this toner. Quite frankly, I find the bits of flower petals in the liquid disconcerting. When I try to squirt some toner onto a cotton pad (flip-top cap with small spout), sometimes bits of flowers also gets onto the cotton pad. Additionally, I don't think the toner actually does anything. It feels like I am wiping water over my face. I rather buy a toner product that has alcohol denat in it. At least I'll know it is doing something. Furthermore, for all the effort of trying to avoid ingredients that are "bad" for me, I think I am spending top dollar for something that is still bad for me. The fourth or fifth ingredient in the list for this toner is methylparaben. WHAT??!!! Aren't parabens bad for you???!!! In fact, a lot of Kiehls products have parabens, and that too fourth or fifth in list of ingredients. This is called a Calendula toner. Calendula is a homeopathic ingredient that is supposed to be good for inflamed skin, cuts, burns, insects bites, etc. However, the Calendula is at the middle of list of ingredients, after the methylparaben. So much for natural, good for you, products. I am not impressed with this product at all. I wish I considered all this before buying the toner online. I am vacillating between 1 star and two stars. I would like to give 1.5 stars, but I can't so in fairness, I am rounding up to two stars.

on 2/8/2014 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite Kiehl's toner made with whole flowers and pure extracts. I tried most of Kiehl's toners (got samples at Kiehl's store) but this is my favorite one. It leaves my skin very fresh, clean and smooth. Does not feel sticky or drying afterwards. It's really good, non-alcoholic herbal-extract toner (for normal to oily skin type). My skin type is more like normal to dry but it still works great for me. I love it. Love the cute flower petals in a bottle too. Hate the price, $21 for the smallest size of the bottle, c'mon!

on 4/11/2012 4:31:00 PM

I abosultely love this product. I have combination skin type. This product has made a difference in my face; it has eliminated the redness. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

on 9/25/2011 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Another shockingly over priced item I can't live without. The only toner I ever use. This is not drying at all, smells like tea, and gives my super oily clog prone skin just a little extra cleansing. I wish I didn't notice, but this product improves the clarity of my skin, and helps any small blemishes heal faster. Not sure about the claims to reduce redness, my skin still needs quite a bit of concealer around the nose...

on 12/16/2009 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This helps to calm down my skin when it feels red and irritated. My pores feel cleaner after a good swipe with this toner. Pity that it is really not cheap, and comes in such a small bottle.

on 10/3/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

It feels like you're toning with water. I was not impressed and noticed no difference in my skin at all.