Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner

3.6

Aqua / Water / Eau, Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Arctium Lappa Extract / Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis / Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Allantoin, Hedera Helix Extract - Ivy Leaf/Stem Extract, Althaea Officinalis / Althaea Officinalis Root Extract.

on 11/22/2018 4:37:00 AM

causes breakouts for me on places i dont even usually have acne, like the side of my cheek next to my nose

on 10/29/2018 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This toner is absolutely useless.
At the moment I have skin that’s close to normal with a tad drier forehead and oilier chin with lots of acne. Plus it’s rather sensitive and gets red quickly. And this toner does nothing for it.
Moisturising? No. Soothing? No. Any help with acne? Absolutely none.
I’ve bought it hoping that it would help with pimples and sensitivity and will replace my favourite calendula toner from Holika Holika (out of production now). But it’s not only not as good as it but does nothing for a much higher price tag.
You’d say that the toner’s work is hard to notice but somewhat I did with Holika Holika, Origins (Megamushroom lotion) and Indie Lee’s toners.
Apart from the ridiculous disproportion between price and quality that Kiehl’s toner also has a rather lame ingredients list. Methylparaben is 4th in the list. Not so much for actual calendula left.
Conclusion: save your money, the toner is crap.

on 10/18/2018 10:50:00 AM

My main criticism of the Kiehl's Calendula Alcohol Free Toner is the price, if they offered this at a much more reasonable price this would probably be much better rated by myself and others. This is such a simple toner that doesn't contain many ingredients, and few beneficial ingredients, but I understand that there are many people that have sensitive skin or issues with certain ingredients that sometimes products with a short ingredient list are preferred. I just don't think companies such as Kiehl's should charge an arm and a leg for those products. This does contain Calendula which is a soothing ingredient. This smooths over skin easily and helps to remove any makeup residue left over from cleansing. The flowers in the water are kind of annoying as they can exit the bottle and end up on your cotton ball. There are much better toners out there, but this is a basic toner which some may appreciate for sensitive or hyper-reactive skin. My video review can be seen here:

on 9/18/2018 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Smells good. The petals in the bottle are rather annoying.
Decent toner but i did not repurchase after finishing my first bottle. Found another toner from the drugstore that gives the same effect but cost 10 times less.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received a deluxe sample of this product when they launched the hibiscus mask at my local Kiehl's store. First,it is not a bad product,but for this price it is not worth purchasing it. It felt silky on my face when applied, it was much gentler than the clay toner they have and it smells pleasantly like herbs. Plus,it doesn't contain any alcohol. But it didn't improve my skin in any way,and when the bottle was finished I didn't notice any difference than when I was using it. And at this price point I was surprised to see it contains parabens. I would not purchase again seeing that there are many other similar products at much better prices on the market.

on 6/29/2018 12:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like the scent of this (very herbal) and calendula is supposed to be very soothing but this broke me out. I believe the corn starch is to blame which has been an issue for me in the past. Not sure why they added this ingredient. Will not repurchase, may work well for those who are not acne prone.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Trash - did literally nothing for my dry, acne prone skin. And the packaging is cheap rubbish, I accidentally dropped the bottle (not from a great height) and the lid broke so I couldn't take it anywhere or it would leak.

Packaging:
Purchased during Christmas time so had the limited edition Christmas packaging, which was cute but nothing fancy.

Price:
Purchased from Westfield Shopping Centre for £35 for 250ml. Considering the performance, I DEFINITELY don't think it's worth more than £5.

Performance:
I have oily, acne-prone skin with pores that clog up easily and was on the hunt for a holy grail toner. The toners I've used previously were ok but nothing special - they were just another part of my skincare routine that I wasn't sure I needed. I made the mistake of thinking that an expensive toner would be different. This toner didn't break me out, but it didn't do anything for my skin either - I saw absolutely no difference between this and Garnier's Toner.
I really wanted to love this product so I stuck on with it and have used up the whole bottle. Yes, the whole 250ml! But I still saw no difference in my skin or the way my subsequent skincare products were absorbing.

Overall:
Save your money.
For a no fuss toner with the same results, I'd recommend the Garnier Soothing Vitamin Enriched Toner (£3ish from Boots)
For a toner that actually enhances your skin I'd recommend the Son and Park Beauty Water (£19ish, I got mine from Yesstyle)

on 3/28/2018 9:42:00 PM

I have dehydrated, combination skin prone to redness and clogged pores. I have finished two bottles of Clinique 3-step system toner and found that the alcohol made my skin too sensitive. This is the first Kiehl's product I tired, and i instantly fell in love.
I would recommend purchasing samples online before going for the full-size product, which I did. On the first day I immediately noticed a difference- less redness, more hydrated skin, and it doesn't clog my pores! I think the toner calms my skin and effectively refreshes complexion after cleansing. I don't think the toner would magically cure any acne (if you have them), but if you want a toner that is oil free and won't clog your pores this is a really good option.
It has been a long time since I no longer have any clogged pores and I am very flattered. I don't know if this is the product which does it as I have added a few other products in my regime, but I wouldn't be surprised as I heard that Allantoin herb acts as a bacteria inhibitor and can sooth inflammation.
I also purchased the oil free gel cream sample and I love it as much, ended up purchasing full size for both products!