La Mer The Whitening Essence

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: It is now September and I am on to my second bottle of the whitening essence. I absolutely love this product and I can't stay away from it. I tried to switch around to SKII due to the hefty price tag, but literally two weeks after using SKII I broke out like a teenager again. I went back to the Whitening Essense (Brightening Essense in the U.S.) and now I can see my acne scars are fading and my skin tone is more even out now. I also added the Brightening Infusion Intense to my routine. The SA told me that this actually helps the Whitening Essense to penetrate and work better on my skin. I must say, She was definitely right. I can see the whitening essense worked faster and better this time around. I am still in love with this product and will continue to use it.

May Review:
I've been suffering from some serious adult acne lately and left my face with some crazy red spots. I was trying to look for anything that will help alleviate my situation. I have always been a fan of La Mer products, so I decided to read up some reviews and give this a try. I was NOT disappointed. It has been two weeks since I started using, and my acne scars have definitely lighten and my complexion is clearer. I am pretty impress with this so far and I hope that it will continue to fade my scars and improve my complexion. The best part about this for me was that it didn't break me out either. I have acne prone and sensitive skin. I wish they can make more products in this line. I am hoping that my results will continue and I will provide an update in a few months. The only set back I would say is the price!!!

Expensive product but really works for me. Clarity of skin is apparent after 1 month, so notable that people started asking if I have changed my skincare regimen. Pigmentation lightened, skin is fairer overall.

My skin feels nice and soft after putting the essence. However, I do not think it works as a whitening product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing and has become one of my HG's. It was the first of many La Mer products that I purchased and the only one I continue to use. Upon application, it absorbs immediately and makes skin feel so soft and smooth It gives a beautiful glow. I have noticed a few of my spots fading but I don't know if it's temporary or permanent since I use this every day. It's quite costly at $210 for a 1 oz bottle but a little goes a long way. The only thing I dislike about the product is the packaging. I wish they would make it into a pump as it doesn't seem very sanitary and it's hard to get the last bits of the serum out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I had a La Mer facial yesterday at Nordies...heaven! Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the La Mer Whitening products. According to the La Mer facialist, they are only suitable for asian skin. Otherwise, you want to try the Radiance products.

I've been looking out for a brightening/whitening product for my acne scars & pigmentation that's gentle on my sensitive skin. You know, the pigmentation looks very obvious on my light-medium complexion and I've always wanted an even toned face. Recently, I've moved to Africa and I bought the La Mer whitening set to help reduce my pigmentation. After using it for the past 2 months, I haven't noticed any changes to the existing spots or made my now darker complexion any brighter. Whilst the product didn't cause any breakouts or problems, I also didn't experience any positive benefits either. I spent over USD250 for the set and I'm bummed. The packaging is awful as well, not only it's opaque bottle prevented me from knowing how much product I've used, I can't reach the bottom to pick every drop of the serum. I think I'll stick to the normal serum and CDLM for now.

I have been using the Whitening Essence for about two weeks now. Definitely see a difference in my skin tone and my face looks "brighter". My freckles have not faded which is the only reason why I have not given this a "5" rating. However, I did not truly expect it to fade all my freckles. I love this product though... definitely makes my face more glowing. Would definitely continue to use even though it's expensive. A little goes a long way though.

I recently decided to try CDLM for the first time, so I decided to venture into their whitening line at the same time. I have been using this Essence along with the Whitening Water and CDLM for almost a couple of months now. As with any and all whitening ranges I have ever tried (Kose, LP etc etc) I do not see my skin lighten or brighten with this. *BUT* this serum does leave my skin feeling beautifully soft and smooth and nourished. It also seems to sort of gloss over the surface of my skin with a lovely velvety diffusion. It has not broken me out, nor has it caused any complaints with my skin. If anything my skin has been quite calm whilst using this range. I have already repurchased each of the products I've been using and will prolly continue to do so, as I like to alternate my stronger product ranges (containing acids, Vit A and C etc) with something gentler (like La Mer) every so often... these products seem to be the perfect go-between. However at USD$175 for 30ml... this lil wonder is hideously expensive. If you are after true lightening of pigmentation or scars... I would seriously consider investing such big $$$ in either more effective products, or proper clinical treatments. That's just my opinion though :)

I think the Serum is much better than the Whitening Essence. I have tried several La Mer products and the eye balm and this whitening essence don't work on me.

Price: SGD 355 for 30ml (One size only)
Usage: Recommended use after the Whitening Water twice daily, but I use this only in the day because I use the Face Serum at night.
Result: I've used this for only 5 days but I find my face "glowing"? Even friends asked me what I did with my face! It really does look like it's glowing. It is a great feeling, cos my skin looks much clearer (it used to look a little lacklustre) and brighter. I skipped powder foundation the past 2 days and have been using pressed powder instead and my skin still looks good. I'm waiting for my skin to get really used to this product and see if this product maintains its glowing performance! I love this product, and a little bit goes a long way so the product will last me for at least 9 months!
Update 7/11/03: My skin's become brighter and clearer. Freckles have faded slightly. Skin is overall more radiant looking. I would give this 8.5/10, this plus the whitening essence are the best whitening products I've used so far, I took off some points for the price. continued >>