MAC Cream Lipstick in Dubonnet

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Lanolin Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Silica, Polydecene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Microcristalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract\Extrait D'Orge, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Cholesterol, Ceramide 3, Alumina, Linoleic Acid, Vanillin, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 (CI 45410), Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005)]

This is a deep brick red with berry tones on my NC42 complexion. So many reds in MAC's permanent collection suit me, that it's easy for me to say they're all 'classic reds'.
My complexion, although warm, is kind of a 'neutral-warm' -- and this colour doesn't pull either hugely warm or cool on me, so it's a very wearable red.
The texture, longevity on lips and tube, packaging and price are all good.
I like the fact that it's a slightly glossy Amplified Creme, because I think this type of formulation prevents it from being too drying.
I'd repurchase if I didn't already have many reds.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this Amplified Creme in Dubonnet. It is a wine colour, that is supposed to have brick undertones, but they are a bit hard to find. This is a faintly warmed up wine, not a blueish wine but more of a deep dark cranberry. I'd call it a berry tone.

It's a touch too dark and too cool on me. I'm a warm toned NC20 ish redhead. Chili in the Matte lipsticks is my perfect warm red lipstick and I was looking for something like that when I bought Dubonnet. I bought Chili as well, but of the two, I prefer Chili.

However when I sheer this out a bit over a balm , it's fantastic. Lasts well, doesn't seem to bleed on me.

The depth of pigment in this lipstick lives up to it's Amplified name. LOVE it! It lasts, no fading, bleeding or patchiness. AND on top of all that, it's a really creamy formula that doesn't dry out the lips or make them flake or feel uncomfortable in any way.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing reddish shade for my pale skin/dark hair combo. It pops without being garish and matches just about everything. Unfortunately, I just can't get it to last. Other reviewers seem to have great luck, but this comes off on everything and is gone within 2 hours. Disappointing! I tried different application methods, lipliner, etc. It also looked and felt somewhat dry. I much prefer Bobbi Brown's Artstick in similar Currant for lasting power and look. UPDATE: I'm downgrading this further. I just can't make it work and it migrates outside of my lip line like crazy. It looks dryish and screams "lipstick!" too. Disappointing! Glad it worked so well for others.

Gorgeous red! Looks great on my fair, neutral skin and am pretty sure would work on many different skin tones. Makes me feel like a glamorous/dangerous 40's dame. Suitable for day and nighttime looks. Quality top notch, as is expected from a MAC lipstick. One of my favorites.

MAC always kills it when it comes to lipsticks, but this is a standout for me. The colour is unlike any one I've ever come across, no matter the brand. It's a vampier, more classic red that feels perfect for daytime (with just a swipe of mascara) or nighttime (with a smoky eye).

I also think it would work perfectly on any skin tone.

10/10 would recommend

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love this lipstick so much that after thinking I lost it, I immediately went out and bought another without a second thought.

I tried on a lot of reds in the Mac store, but I knew this was the one when it somehow made the little bit of green in the centre of my blue eyes just pop out at me! A lipstick has never been able to do that before!

Love this shade, it's such a sexy moderately vampish red colour. It's a wearable daytime colour for a vampire, yet it's classy. It could go from a daytime look to completely drop dead gorgeous if you pair it with darker makeup later on in the evening.

Formula is awesome. Initially I loved the sheen it gave, but hated it hours later because it would wear off and my lips would feel dry and peely(this is a problem for all my lipsticks). Until I applied lip balm before hand, than that problem disappeared!

Despite it not being matte, it has damn good staying power! Pair it with a liner, and this will last you all day through eating and drinking (careful). Granted, it won't look like you just applied it, it will be lighter in colour, but it won't look worn out and gross. I'd just reccomend reapplying it every few hours or so or after something heavy if you want to keep that just applied look ;)

This colour is truly unique, and love the formula. I have a lot of reds, but this is my go to red if I just can't make up my mind! It beats my Uban Decay Shame any day!

MAC Dubonnet is an Amplified Creme lipstick which is a deep, cool-toned red. It looks beautiful on my skin tone and it has excellent staying power, lasting through eating and drinking. It doesn't bleed or feather either. The colour is amazing and the product applies opaquely, one swipe and I'm done! It is buildable too if you like a deeper, darker colour. This is my favourite red, a real confidence-boosting colour. I would reccommend this to anyone looking for a red, as it is such a good quality colour which would look amazing on any skin tone! It is also the colour that Natalie Portman wears in Black Swan which is one of my favourite movies which is good to know as well. :) Definitely in my Top 5 of Mac Lipsticks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I have finally found "my" red. Most red lipsticks are too blue-toned for my skin and look trashy on me (my skin is fair but has very yellow undertones). This one is classic and sexy.

I would recommend this red to anyone who has a warmer skin-tone, whether fair or dark. This red is more brown-toned (than blue- or orange-toned). I would classify this as more of a brick red than a fire engine red or a cherry red or a stop sign red or a tomato red...

The formula feels nice on and generally stays put,.. except when eating or drinking, but the stain left behind is pretty too. It has a satin finish; not shiny or matte, which I think is quite classic. Classic is what I want in a red lipstick.

Dubonnet is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks. It's a deep burgundy red with a luminous sheen (no shimmer). Unlike a lot of the Amplified lipsticks, I find this one easy to work with, even though it's so dark and pigmented. It wears really well as it stains the lips a little bit and fades evenly, leaving a lovely deep flush as it does. Doesn't settle into lines and flakes. This is more of a vintage-y '20s-'30s red rather than a '50s red -- try it, it's gorgeous!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Dubonnet is gorgeous!!! It's my go to winter and evening lipstick! On me it's a deep burgundy red. The amplified finish is my second favourite mac finish (satin being my first). I love that they are completely opaque and creamy without being too creamy. Dubonnet lasts about 8 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a deep red stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

Popular Lipsticks