Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner
Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

on 1/8/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the first time I've used a cake eyeliner, and I can tell you, it's far easier than cream, gel, liquid or pencil liners! I've used this water and with La Femme's Eye Sealant and both work great. It's extremely easy to control the thickness of the liner and perfect it without messing it up, because it's creamy and smooth. I use SK's bent eyeliner brush which gives me the greatest control. No points for not being WP as that was not my intention in buying this product. Lasts all day, no stinging, no crumbling, no flaking, no dullness to its finish.

on 10/27/2007 4:44:00 PM

I now exclusively use this as my liquid eyeliner.

The price for this generous long lasting pot is only $5-6!! I would never find anything in Sephora for that price!

I use black and it is a rich, true pigmented black. Perfect! I was using so many other liners that are 'watery', like L'Oreal Voluminous marker eyeliner, and odd off blacks that are more brown or blue.

I bought this at Alcone with their eyeliner brush and it was so easy to put on! I'm not kidding, I was astounded at myself at how well I put it on. I've always had so much trouble with all those felt tip pens, Lancome's Artliner, and chunky markers, L'oreal's Voluminous marker, as well as those tiny brushes. Using the proper tools made this soo much better and I can control the width of the line a lot better.

It is not water proof, but so long as you don't get caught in the rain or cry you'll be ok. In any case, I put my sister's She Laq just in case for a concert I went to and it didn't move, and we got caught in the rain.

I'm officially giving up my fascination with Sephora and so called 'high end' makeup in favor of theater makeup like Ben Nye and Kryolan.

Just wanted to add, this is apparently a fav staple of many makeup artists.

EDIT: I don't think they make this in a dark navy blue. I tried looking at several sites and they don't seem to have it. Wish they did tho!