Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner
Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.6

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/18/2012 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

As far as cake liners go, I think this is one of the best. It works well with water. I also sometimes use Paula Dorf Transformer with this. I have it in black.

on 12/19/2011 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

HG Eyeliner. No doubt. I have oily lids. Extremely sensitive skin. I work in hot electrical closets doing physical work. I sweat at the drop of a hat. I'm a tomboy, but I enjoy *trying* to look feminine. This stuff makes my eyes pop. (Instead of the freckled 'mole' look I sport rolling out of bed)

Ben Nye stuff is incredible quality. (Remember the sensitive skin?)
People think "theatrical" makeup quality is crappy. That is so wrong. I'll take Ben Nye over MAC every day of the week.
I have 3 of BN's cake eye liners: Black, Dark Brown & Brown. I got them from a Theatrical Supply place in Dallas. I had to call around before I found a place that had it in stock - but it was worth the time I spent looking.

To use: I have a small shot glass I half fill w/ water and pump in two squirts of Ben Nye's 'LiquiSet' (helps set), then wet very fine eye-liner brush (MAC 210) and drag the wet brush in the dry (feels somewhat hard) Ben Nye cake makeup. You will see the color getting on the brush - then apply!
You can control the amount you get on the brush, & on your eyelid.

It stays on me all day & into my evening. If I go to sleep with it on, quite a bit will still be there when I wake.

I use the Brown daily, & the Dark Brown and Black for special events.
I've been using the Brown for over a year & have not had to purchase a second pot yet.

I bought my 68 year old Mother the BN black cake eye liner. She had been using the Laura Mercier version of this. She loves this, especially after I told her what I paid for it. She tends to apply eye makeup like Tammy Faye Baker did...so now it will at least stay in place for her all day and repurchasing for her will be inexpensive.

I would definitely purchase this product again.

[ BTW - other Ben Nye products stay on quite long as well. They are supposed to! They were created to be used on actors for film & stage. Think a primadonna actress or news anchor will put up with something that breaks her out? Or looks less than flawless on an HD broadcast?

I probably sound like an ad for them, but I have spent SOO much money on Bobbi Brown, MAC, Clinique, Laura Mercier & Shiseido over the years, & now I not only find a line that looks good and stays on - but it's SOO inexpensive! The only downside I can see is that it is difficult to find them to buy in person. ]

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Got this from my local theatre store since I've never used a cake liner before. Ben Nye has never really let me down before, but I really didn't like this. It's not a terrible product, but I feel it takes me forever to apply it. It dries out too quickly and I'm constantly reapplying a sealer. Not to mention it's not a very opaque liner, it's go on a little clear in some areas and then dark in others. Great liner for those willing to spend 20 minute applying it.

Seriously, this is the best eyeliner out there. I like eyeliner, and I didn't discover this eyeliner until I was looking into doing makeup for other people for photo shoots. I'd always bought the expensive stuff, and usually liquid or cream eyeliners. Then I bought this, because the cake form makes it possible to keep things hygienic. I wasn't expecting much because it's so cheap (and lasts forever), but wow.... seriously. Wow. So good. So easy to apply. Beautifully pigmented. Cheap as hell.

It isn't waterproof if you just use it with water, but if you use it with a sealing liquid, it lasts forever. Amazing stuff. I wish I could get my money back from the years of overpaying for other eyeliners, from Loreal and MAC to Shu Uemura and Shiseido. This is all you need.

I uploaded 2 pics - the first one is in "brown" the second one is in "black".

This is honestly the very best eyeliner out there - forget fluidline and L'oreal HIP as long as you don't go swimming. It's a pitty the cake eyeliners are not waterproof but for every day work and school they are the best products out there because they are so extremely easy to apply and cover 100% in one application.

I just dipp my eyeliner brust into some water and then dry it a little on a paper towel - pick up some colour and I am ready to apply. Good things about this product - highly pigmented, can't dry out because its already pressed powder pigment :) therefore much much longer useable compared to fluid eyeliners that dry out quickly sometimes.

The black eyeliner applies similar to the NYX black eyeshadow that I used before as an eyeliner but the staying power of the cake eyeliners is much better especially in the inner eye corner area.

The brown colour is perfect for the natural more nude look - if you just want to intensify your eyes but not overdo them - that's the right colour for you girls. I used it with toast E/S and golden apricot E/S and it really is amazing nice and natural. You can really experiment with brown cake eyeliner - maybe just put on vanilla E/S and this eyeliner and some brown mascara and get a really nude nude beautiful look.

on 10/22/2007 2:42:00 AM

Such a good product for the price. I got the charcoal and I love how there's so much pigment. I will purchase more shades.

I have this in plain black and I must say it's the best liner out there! the stuff doesnt budge but still makes a great line for a smokey eye (i usually brush Ulta eyeshadow in Leaf or Max Factor- Smoke to do a smokey eye) Try using a Maybelline lip brush for the perfect winged look- I absolutely love this stuff and it lasts forever