Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner
Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.3

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These are nothing special and not worth the special order. I think I could have found as good at the drugstore or Sally's. They are hard cakes with little dust throw but they don't last all day, are not waterproof or even super long lasting even with using their Liquiset that is supposed to make them long lasting. My lines were fading and chipping off after 6 hours. I bought black, gray, eggplant and brown. None are remarkable, just average and the company that sells them will not take returns. Wish I'd just sprung for the Laura Mercier cake liners that I have been eyeing forever. The only thing that is ok is that they were $8 each.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have the black one and used it with Ben Nye's Liquiset,which made my eyes water,so i did the water glycerin trick.With both methods de liner didn't stay put at my inner eye corners.I didn't want to give up this beautiful eyeliner.It applies like a dream,without tugging my skin and found a method that works for me.I apply it only with water(it stays put all day on rest of my upper eyelid,except inner corners) and in the inner eye corners i use bobbi brown black gel liner,NOT Ben Nye's!Bobbi Brown stays put and is slightly lighter in color.I apply 2 layers of BN cake liner to make the black stand out,but i always do that with every cake or gel liner.It's a very intense black and gives a matte result,which i like.It doesn't irritate my eyes and with my application method it's simply be removed with water

on 7/14/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've always preferred a cake eyeliner and after my old ones bit the dust, I decided to try the Ben Nye. Excellent quality, last well, give good control. I just use water, but may try the LiquiSet. I got 3 colors (charcoal, dark brown, and black), and want to get the blue and lighter brown as well. They go on deeper in color than you might expect from the website. The flip top case is difficult for me to open most of the time, the only downside to this product. Overall excellent value for the price. If you favor cake eyeliners, go get Ben Nye.