Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner
Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.3

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These are nothing special and not worth the special order. I think I could have found as good at the drugstore or Sally's. They are hard cakes with little dust throw but they don't last all day, are not waterproof or even super long lasting even with using their Liquiset that is supposed to make them long lasting. My lines were fading and chipping off after 6 hours. I bought black, gray, eggplant and brown. None are remarkable, just average and the company that sells them will not take returns. Wish I'd just sprung for the Laura Mercier cake liners that I have been eyeing forever. The only thing that is ok is that they were $8 each.

on 11/19/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This eyeliner take the proverbial cake (pun intended). I have not used a better liner and I've tried ALL kinds. I have this in black and it is fantastic! Great, deep black color; liner does not budge; I always have a perfect line and it stays on for at least 12-14 hours. Never once have I had this smudge, not even when sleeping. (Yes, I know, I should take off my makeup before bed.)

My trick is to dip the brush into a tiny amount of aloe vera gel and then dip into the liner and voila - perfectly jet black perfect line. Love it.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Got this from my local theatre store since I've never used a cake liner before. Ben Nye has never really let me down before, but I really didn't like this. It's not a terrible product, but I feel it takes me forever to apply it. It dries out too quickly and I'm constantly reapplying a sealer. Not to mention it's not a very opaque liner, it's go on a little clear in some areas and then dark in others. Great liner for those willing to spend 20 minute applying it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's my favourite eyeliner right now. I've been applying it daily for about 6 months now. It's soo dark and it comes on and off nicely. It doesn't cake and I usually wear it from around 10 a.m. till like 10 p.m. at night. It's really black and really easy to put on in my opinion, kinda like liquid eyeliner but way nicer. The only downside is that it comes off in water like if I was crying it'll leave a black tear streak on my face and I can't apply it to my waterline :c but overall it's soo great, I probably just need to buy the BenNye LiquiSet to go with it. So far I've been using the Medusa Eyeliner Seal.

Seriously, this is the best eyeliner out there. I like eyeliner, and I didn't discover this eyeliner until I was looking into doing makeup for other people for photo shoots. I'd always bought the expensive stuff, and usually liquid or cream eyeliners. Then I bought this, because the cake form makes it possible to keep things hygienic. I wasn't expecting much because it's so cheap (and lasts forever), but wow.... seriously. Wow. So good. So easy to apply. Beautifully pigmented. Cheap as hell.

It isn't waterproof if you just use it with water, but if you use it with a sealing liquid, it lasts forever. Amazing stuff. I wish I could get my money back from the years of overpaying for other eyeliners, from Loreal and MAC to Shu Uemura and Shiseido. This is all you need.

on 1/8/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the first time I've used a cake eyeliner, and I can tell you, it's far easier than cream, gel, liquid or pencil liners! I've used this water and with La Femme's Eye Sealant and both work great. It's extremely easy to control the thickness of the liner and perfect it without messing it up, because it's creamy and smooth. I use SK's bent eyeliner brush which gives me the greatest control. No points for not being WP as that was not my intention in buying this product. Lasts all day, no stinging, no crumbling, no flaking, no dullness to its finish.

I have this in plain black and I must say it's the best liner out there! the stuff doesnt budge but still makes a great line for a smokey eye (i usually brush Ulta eyeshadow in Leaf or Max Factor- Smoke to do a smokey eye) Try using a Maybelline lip brush for the perfect winged look- I absolutely love this stuff and it lasts forever