Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/18/2012 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

As far as cake liners go, I think this is one of the best. It works well with water. I also sometimes use Paula Dorf Transformer with this. I have it in black.

on 7/14/2012 6:32:00 AM

I have experimented with pencil, gel and liquid liners. This cake eyeliner blows them all out of the water. I bought the black and eggplant cake liner along with Ben Nye Liquiset. The black is a matte black and the eggplant is a purple with a reddish tint.

Pros:
- Control: You can use this to make everything from delicate to dramatic looks. You can adjust the amount of liquid to change the pigmentation (it is very very pigmented).
- Longevity: With Liquiset, it lasts all day, even with my oily lids. There is absolutely no creasing or smudging through 14+ hour days.
- Ease of use: It takes a minimal amount of practice to work out how to best use water/liquiset to make the line you require with the least amount of mess. After that, it's as easy as can be. There's rarely a need to go over your line again, application is smooth, touching up is simple with a gentle eye makeup remover and Q-tip.
- Value for money: Each pot was about $7 and Liquiset cost $6. Each use makes the smallest of dents, so I envision that this will last me for years of daily use. It's not going to dry out as a liquid or gel liner might.
- No irritation: I have quite sensitive eyes and eyelids and I've yet to experience even the slightest irritation.

Cons: These really aren't cons to me, but they may influence some people
- Portability: It's less convenient to carry around than a pencil, but if you're happy to use water instead of a sealant, then it's reasonable.
- Availability in Australia: As far as I know, it's significantly cheaper to buy from a website and pay for shipping than to buy it here.
- Colours available: There's only a few colours, unfortunately.

How I use it: I shake my Liquiset jar and open it up. I dip my clean ELF Studio Smudge/Precision brush or Ecotools Angled brush into the small amount of liquid stuck to the lid. I then apply as desired and clean off the lid with a Q-tip before closing it. I touch up if needed with some oil-free gentle eye makeup remover.

When mixed with Ben Nye LiquiSet Mixing Liquid this eyeliner becomes water resistant and will remain as applied even if hot weather until you're ready to remove it.

Awesome value for money, goes on easily, precisely with MAC 210.

on 8/28/2007 8:17:00 PM

VERY nice product! On my quest to find a less expensive version of my beloved Laura Mercier cake eyeliner, I bought this. I have also tried LaFemme cake eyeliner and while it's ok, it wasn't nearly as creamy as LM and didn't apply as smoothly. Enter Ben Nye. I got this in Dark Brown, which is a very good match to LM's mahogany. I also used it with Ben Nye Liquiset. So far, all day, looks just as great as early this morning. It applied smoothly and had a comparable creamy application consistency of LM. So far, it's a love affair! I will definitely repurchase. Took off one lippie only because it's a rather small package.

I have this in plain black and I must say it's the best liner out there! the stuff doesnt budge but still makes a great line for a smokey eye (i usually brush Ulta eyeshadow in Leaf or Max Factor- Smoke to do a smokey eye) Try using a Maybelline lip brush for the perfect winged look- I absolutely love this stuff and it lasts forever