Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Filtered by age: 36-43
Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner
Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have the black one and used it with Ben Nye's Liquiset,which made my eyes water,so i did the water glycerin trick.With both methods de liner didn't stay put at my inner eye corners.I didn't want to give up this beautiful eyeliner.It applies like a dream,without tugging my skin and found a method that works for me.I apply it only with water(it stays put all day on rest of my upper eyelid,except inner corners) and in the inner eye corners i use bobbi brown black gel liner,NOT Ben Nye's!Bobbi Brown stays put and is slightly lighter in color.I apply 2 layers of BN cake liner to make the black stand out,but i always do that with every cake or gel liner.It's a very intense black and gives a matte result,which i like.It doesn't irritate my eyes and with my application method it's simply be removed with water

on 12/19/2011 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

HG Eyeliner. No doubt. I have oily lids. Extremely sensitive skin. I work in hot electrical closets doing physical work. I sweat at the drop of a hat. I'm a tomboy, but I enjoy *trying* to look feminine. This stuff makes my eyes pop. (Instead of the freckled 'mole' look I sport rolling out of bed)

Ben Nye stuff is incredible quality. (Remember the sensitive skin?)
People think "theatrical" makeup quality is crappy. That is so wrong. I'll take Ben Nye over MAC every day of the week.
I have 3 of BN's cake eye liners: Black, Dark Brown & Brown. I got them from a Theatrical Supply place in Dallas. I had to call around before I found a place that had it in stock - but it was worth the time I spent looking.

To use: I have a small shot glass I half fill w/ water and pump in two squirts of Ben Nye's 'LiquiSet' (helps set), then wet very fine eye-liner brush (MAC 210) and drag the wet brush in the dry (feels somewhat hard) Ben Nye cake makeup. You will see the color getting on the brush - then apply!
You can control the amount you get on the brush, & on your eyelid.

It stays on me all day & into my evening. If I go to sleep with it on, quite a bit will still be there when I wake.

I use the Brown daily, & the Dark Brown and Black for special events.
I've been using the Brown for over a year & have not had to purchase a second pot yet.

I bought my 68 year old Mother the BN black cake eye liner. She had been using the Laura Mercier version of this. She loves this, especially after I told her what I paid for it. She tends to apply eye makeup like Tammy Faye Baker did...so now it will at least stay in place for her all day and repurchasing for her will be inexpensive.

I would definitely purchase this product again.

[ BTW - other Ben Nye products stay on quite long as well. They are supposed to! They were created to be used on actors for film & stage. Think a primadonna actress or news anchor will put up with something that breaks her out? Or looks less than flawless on an HD broadcast?

I probably sound like an ad for them, but I have spent SOO much money on Bobbi Brown, MAC, Clinique, Laura Mercier & Shiseido over the years, & now I not only find a line that looks good and stays on - but it's SOO inexpensive! The only downside I can see is that it is difficult to find them to buy in person. ]

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

All I can say is W.O.W.!!! After wearing eyeliner for 22 years, I have finally found my HG eyeliner, Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in Black. Over the last 2 decades, I have used pencil, kohl, liquid, gel, cream, mousse and other cake eyeliners but none of them, none of them, come close to the results I get from Ben Nye’s Cake Eyeliner.

This eyeliner is quick drying, long wearing, is easy to control & apply, and after wearing this eye liner for a few months, I have never experienced any smudging, flaking, creasing or fading. I would swear this cake liner is made of powdered coal (although it isn’t) for it is the blackest black eyeliner that I have ever seen and used. The durability of this cake eyeliner is to die for because I can apply it on my un-primed oily (think, oil slick) eye lids and once this eyeliner dries it does not budge till I remove it and I love the dramatic look that I get once I apply this eyeliner. This cake eyeliner is a bargain for $6 for a 2 gram jar from eBay, however, I purchased the professional size 5.5 gram jar from eBay for $9 and with regular use this eyeliner will probably last me a couple of years since you only need a few swipes to line both eyes. I love this eyeliner!

As with all cake eyeliners, you have to get used to the application of the product and how wet to get the brush – by the way, IMO you should use an eyeliner sealer with all cake eyeliner products to get the full benefits of the liner. Also, if you have any experience using liquid liners, then the application of a cake eyeliner will be old hat once you apply it a couple of times – the same technique but a better product IMHO.

I can not sing the praises of this eyeliner loud enough, but suffice it to say, if you haven’t already tried this product, please do so immediately and you can thank me later for the referral.