Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

on 11/19/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This eyeliner take the proverbial cake (pun intended). I have not used a better liner and I've tried ALL kinds. I have this in black and it is fantastic! Great, deep black color; liner does not budge; I always have a perfect line and it stays on for at least 12-14 hours. Never once have I had this smudge, not even when sleeping. (Yes, I know, I should take off my makeup before bed.)

My trick is to dip the brush into a tiny amount of aloe vera gel and then dip into the liner and voila - perfectly jet black perfect line. Love it.

on 10/18/2012 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

As far as cake liners go, I think this is one of the best. It works well with water. I also sometimes use Paula Dorf Transformer with this. I have it in black.

Seriously, this is the best eyeliner out there. I like eyeliner, and I didn't discover this eyeliner until I was looking into doing makeup for other people for photo shoots. I'd always bought the expensive stuff, and usually liquid or cream eyeliners. Then I bought this, because the cake form makes it possible to keep things hygienic. I wasn't expecting much because it's so cheap (and lasts forever), but wow.... seriously. Wow. So good. So easy to apply. Beautifully pigmented. Cheap as hell.

It isn't waterproof if you just use it with water, but if you use it with a sealing liquid, it lasts forever. Amazing stuff. I wish I could get my money back from the years of overpaying for other eyeliners, from Loreal and MAC to Shu Uemura and Shiseido. This is all you need.

I uploaded 2 pics - the first one is in "brown" the second one is in "black".

This is honestly the very best eyeliner out there - forget fluidline and L'oreal HIP as long as you don't go swimming. It's a pitty the cake eyeliners are not waterproof but for every day work and school they are the best products out there because they are so extremely easy to apply and cover 100% in one application.

I just dipp my eyeliner brust into some water and then dry it a little on a paper towel - pick up some colour and I am ready to apply. Good things about this product - highly pigmented, can't dry out because its already pressed powder pigment :) therefore much much longer useable compared to fluid eyeliners that dry out quickly sometimes.

The black eyeliner applies similar to the NYX black eyeshadow that I used before as an eyeliner but the staying power of the cake eyeliners is much better especially in the inner eye corner area.

The brown colour is perfect for the natural more nude look - if you just want to intensify your eyes but not overdo them - that's the right colour for you girls. I used it with toast E/S and golden apricot E/S and it really is amazing nice and natural. You can really experiment with brown cake eyeliner - maybe just put on vanilla E/S and this eyeliner and some brown mascara and get a really nude nude beautiful look.

on 7/18/2007 1:08:00 PM

I've been on a mission to find an eyeliner that doesn't smudge. I found it! This stuff is great. No raccoon eyes! This is why I love MUA...I would have never known about this brand otherwise. Thanks, MUAers! I also love the Ben Nye colorless loose powder to set my makeup. I wish it was easier to find these products in the stores, so I wouldn't have to order on-line and pay shipping, but that's not a big deal. Bottom line...great eyeliner with fantastic staying power.

on 3/17/2004 6:18:00 PM

I really do love this Ben Nye Cake liner. Rich color and doesn't smudge even hours and hours past. I don't like liquidy eyeliner because they are very hard to keep clean. LOVE this cake liner. *muah*

on 2/1/2004 12:42:00 AM

wasn't as impressed with this as i am with other ben nye products. it could be because i thought it was going to be a cream eyeliner (it's called 'cake eyeliner'...i thought it was the same thing). maybe i shouodl have also boight the 'liquid set' along with it, but i really like my bobbi brown gel liner much better than this product. oh well.