Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Filtered by age: 25-29
Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner
Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.8

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT I AM A TOTAL MAKEUP JUNKIE BUT FINDING THE PERFECT EYELINER HAS ALWAY BEEN A PROBLEM I DON'T USE PENCIL LINERS BECAUSE I HAVE SMALL EYE LIDS AND I WOULD ALWAYS WIND UP WITH A BLACK/BROWN LINE UNDER MY EYE BROW FROM MY PENCIL LINERS I READ SOME REVIEWS PURCHASE BEN NYES CAKE LINER AND I FELL IN LOOOOOOOOVE I MIX IT WITH MEDUSAS WATER RESISTANT EYELINER SEALANT AND USE THE BEN NYE EYELINER BRUSH AND WOW GREAT RESULTS!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first cake liner and it is the best eyeliner I've ever used. I applied w/ a wet (just water) Sonia Kashuk bent liner brush and application was much easier then liquid or gel. It goes on a beautiful matte black and it lasts! I have super oily lids with a tiny Asian crease, so almost all liners smudge and leave ugly smudge marks on my upper crease. I tested this w/o primer or sealer and this lasted all day with only a tiny barely noticable smudge...LOVE IT!
*UPDATE* Tested it again on my bare lids applied with just water, but this time in warmer weather and it did melt on me a lil, but it wasn't terrible. Still love it.
*UPDATE2* It's been a couple months now and this has become my HG eyeliner! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

on 11/15/2007 5:48:00 PM

Great basic eyeliner. I wear liquid eyeliner pretty much daily, I have tried several brands and this is hands down the best of the ones that are available to me. I like my liner very liquid, so cake liners are practical to me, but other cake liners I've tried dry very matte, or a greyish off-black. This one, when used with Ben Nye LiquiSet, produces a true black line with a slight sheen to the surface that I like, and it stands up to long days (12+ hours) without smudging, running, crumbling or disappearing, and unlike a few liners I've tried, this one doesn't irritate my eyes in the least.

The price is hard to beat. I payed about 16$ for the cake eyeliner and LiquiSet, and both will last me for well over a year with daily use.

Excellent product, overall - money well invested. The only reason it doesn't get a 5 is that it isn't waterproof; but it doesn't claim to be, anyway.

on 10/22/2007 2:42:00 AM

Such a good product for the price. I got the charcoal and I love how there's so much pigment. I will purchase more shades.

on 3/5/2004 2:53:00 AM

I loved this cake eyeliner. I used to use Benefit's Sophia, but at 1/4 the price and equal it quality, I think I will stick with the Ben Nye from now on. Rich saturated black that doesn't smudge, especially when used with Liqui-set. unfortunatly I ruined my little pot my using Liqui-set directly in the pot, next time I will use water and just run a drop of liqui-set over the line.