Serious Skin Care A-eye

No Image

3.8

on 2/4/2009 9:43:00 PM

I love the A line but not this eye cream. It's not moisturizing enough for my dry eyes.

Packaging is good. Price is fair. Ingredients I am not sure about since I'm not an expert in that department. Consistency is nice and sinks in quickly. This keeps my under eye area smooth. A note to the other reviewers: You are not supposed to use eye cream on your lids, especially one with retinol. Eye cream should be applied under the eyes and to the sides, sliding the cream to the temples. It can also be applies to the brows and area between the brows, but it should NEVER be applied to lids.
Also, retinol itself might not cause much irritation, but exposure to other strong ingredients (toners/exfoliants) or sun rays can irritate the skin. Wear sunglasses while outside when using this eye cream!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Eh. Since the reviews here for this are 2/3 positive I decided to try it. Being 33 I want an eye treatment with Retinol in it and this fit the bill so I picked one up off of Ebay (around ten bucks, not horrible). I haven't noticed any irritation at all. I don't have any huge issues with my eyes (just dark circles and it doesn't do anything for that) and this product just doesn't seem as hydrating. I like a more soothing eye cream at night. However no wrinkles have cropped up, no crepiness or anything. Honestly I MAY buy this again (so I put 'yes') as the price was decent, but there is better out there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have SUPER sensitive eyes along with the skin AROUND my eyes. Almost ALL eye products have irritated my skin and eyes. Bought this hoping it would work and it did. The skin is so soft and smooth with NO irritation to my eyes at all. But beware.....do not use if you are using the Clearz-it adult acne treatment. I put my eye cream on first then applied the clearz-it to a bump I had on my temple. BURNED like crazy when it touched the eye cream. NEVER AGAIN. Besides that the eye cream is GREAT. Im 32 and have no wrinkles and I want to KEEP it that way. 6/9/08 UPDATE**** I quit using this product. My eye lids seemed to start peeling and the wrinkles seemed more pronouced. It just didn't work any more. SO i switched back to the 5 Essentual Cream from Signature Club A. The eye cream on that jar is wonderful. It exfoliates as well as moisterizes with out being greasy.

on 2/21/2008 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Don't think I would buy this eye cream again, it has made my upper eyelids peel after one weeks use! Back to Olay I go.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this eye cream (the one with peptides) as part of a kit that included the A-serum and the SPF 30 moisturizer. While I like the other 2, the eye cream irritated the skin around my eyes. I continued using it for about 4 days thinking I would get used to it, but I had to quit. I had the same thing happen with Dr. Wexler's eye cream from Bath & Body Works. I have medium to dry skin and I'm in my early forties. I had not heard that this is not recommended for dryer skin types, but after reading the other posts, I realize this line is not for me.

on 5/7/2006 6:23:00 PM

Hi! I am 32 and have combination skin. I bought the a-eye w/retinol and peptides for treating dark circles and fine lines under my eyes. I used this twice a day for 4 days and the cream burned the skin under my eyes. I emailed SSC and they replied saying that this product is not for anyone who has dry or combination skin. Now I'm trying to decide if I should try something from their C-line, which is what the SSC representative suggested, or if I should try Wei East's Eyes Alive. This product has plenty of positive reviews here and on the HSN website, so maybe this would work great on someone with oily skin. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Why is there fragrance in this eye product? Serious Skincare needs to to take that ingredient out of this product for sure! My eyes became swollen and puffy after using this product, and I saw no firming or tightening benefits at all! Several of Serious Skincare's products are of poor quality, especially this one, and need to be either reformulated or thrown out!

on 3/5/2006 3:10:00 PM

I LOVE IT!!! I was troubled by red, dry eye-area's with flakies and this has completely diminished them. Also less fine lines. Will buy again and again!

on 3/30/2006 9:36:00 PM

Not sure if I'd buy JUST this, but when it comes in a kit I'm always glad to get it. It really does seem to help my eyese look smoother.