Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.2

on 1/10/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this to go with a gold sequin dress and I loved the way it looked!! I ended up losing it the night after I bought it, so I went out and reluctantly shelled out the cash for a replacement because of how long wearing and pretty it was.

I generally wear NARS orgasm gloss, and it has a similar color, however the NARS was starting to dry out my lips (i have vey dry lips)

The Chanel is around the same price and I have to say, I am switching brands. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was very pretty, but very sticky, expensive and not worth the price.

In the tube, this is a beautiful, pinky-peach gloss with a just the right amount of golden shimmer. When applied, however, the color is less than perfect. On my lips, it simply looks like a golden peach gloss. Might I add...heavy on the gold. The texture is lovely, and I really like the way it feels on my lips. Regarding the packaging, there must be a slight flaw in the tube. After a couple of uses, I noticed product would goop up around the top, and I had to wipe gloss of the cap each time I used it. This is an expensive product, and I hate the thought of wasting one drop!

on 12/20/2008 11:39:00 PM

I got this in a Duty Free shop in Newark airport, so I only paid about $23 for it. However, I would've paid $30 for this fabulous lip gloss! It's one of those rare 'gorgeous in the tube, gorgeous on' shades that works well with my fair skin and dark hair. Since it is so light, I do wear it over Rimmel's Sorbet lip liner, to give it a more polished look. I've been wearing this for three months now, and it's my go-to gloss for almost every occassion. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Chanel "Twinkle" is one of my HG lipglosses. It has the perfect consistancy, great shine, great sparkle, great shade. The packaging is beautiful and elegant. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product, other than the price. However, for 30 or something dollars, I am willing to splurge it out for this great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'd been wanting this for awhile but my counter never had it in stock (so why is it on display I often wanted to ask) anyways finally got my hands on it & I am not disappointed. This is eveything I wanted MAC's Nymphette to be. Quite pigmented, lovely pinky-peachy gold colour. Yes its expensive, but its fabulous.

I really didnt like nars orgasm, and when my MUA friend suggested chanel twinkle I wasnt sure as I heard they are quite similar. But I gave in last weekend and bought twinkle and pagoda, and love them both! imo, twinkle looks great! and i dont hate it like i go nars orgasm l/g so it cant be THAT similar...its a sheer goldy peach-pink, and against my nc25 skintone, brown hair and blue eyes it looks so pretty...i can use more for glam nights out or a tiny bit, for a subtle, natural day look. I love chanel glossimers!

Twinkle is a very pretty pale pink-gold color. This color is going to work best on fair people, in my opinion. On me its a very flattering color. I like the glossimers texture, they feel smooth, creamy and my lips dont feel glued together. If you can afford this item and are ppp, then I would try this gloss.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Twinkle is an icy gold peach/pink gloss that glistens as much or more as MAC's lipglass without feeling heavy. On me (MAC NC25) it looks more like a tawny peach than pink and I like to wear it with Nars Orgasm blush and Lorac Jade e/s with MAC's Vex on the brow line and Embark e/s as a liner. I'm on the fence as to whether I'd repurchase. I like it but don't love it. I'd almost rather wear Bourjois glosses instead (also made by Chanel) because they also stay on without being sticky and come in an array of gorgeous colors for almost half the price. ** Update - I just found Jordana's Lipshine Shimmer Glaze in Vanilla Bean at Walgreens for $1.99 and I swear this looks as good or better than Chanel's Twinkle!!!! I'm amazed at how inexpensive this gloss is and how fabulous it looks. It doesn't have as much gold as Twinkle, but hey, for the price, who cares? I will not be buying Twinkle ever again!!!!!!!!

on 12/27/2005 7:37:00 PM

of all my glossimers, this is the one i find myself reaching for the most. i've found this to be a very versatile and flattering color, the frostiness has never caused me to look pale or washed-out. i have fairly light skin, dark brown hair and blue eyes, when i did a temporary deep brown coloring to my hair though, this lip gloss looked eveb better and was absolutely stunning. the glossimer formula is my favorite when it comes to lip glosses, i'd definitely recommend this product.