Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying that I am a lips person. I consider the lips the most succulent, sensual part of the face. Having said that, I didn't hesitate much before dishing out the big bucks(24$) on this rare, gorgeous shade of gloss, and in retrospect, i'm glad I did.
In general, I gotta give it to chanel for concocting the most flattering, most beautiful, and most unique shades of gloss. This was no exception. It is a natural shade of pink with gold shimmer intertwined in it. On the lips, this gold shimmer appears as a highlight, defining the plumper parts of my lips. This shade is special in the sense that it is both unique, and very natural looking. I have encountered many cheaper glosses similar to this one, but not as clean-applying, and as 'high-def.', if you will.The gold shimmer is really visible in this gloss and there is a very clean distinction between the pink shade and the golden one.
However, in spite of all the above, I still couldn't help noticing a defect- this gloss just wasn't glossy at all. As a lipstick, it may have sufficed, but since its marketed as a gloss, I expected a lot more shine. I got very minimal shine if at all and experienced dryness of the lips. Maybe it was chanel's attempt to appear subtle, but in my opinion sensuality and sophistication do not at all oppose. Quite the opposite, actually. Chanel is known as a luxury brand, and this shade is so sophisticated and gorgeous. I say, if Chanel takes the risk of producing it, it should go all out, and flaunt what it produced by adding shine to the gloss, and perhaps moisture.

on 6/9/2009 10:01:00 PM

I've purchased this gloss for the past 5-6 years now. It's such a pretty shimmery pink/peach color and it has the right amount to stickiness to it. The price, I think, is a little ridiculous for a gloss but I haven't been able to find any other colors like this which is why I've been going back for more.

on 6/18/2008 2:09:00 AM

I'm sure this color is great for some, but I didn't love it so much. It looks like a nice, lighter peach pink with some gold shimmer in the tube. So first impression was good, because it looks so pretty in the tube! And it looked like it really couldn't disappoint. But for me, meh. It wasn't all bad, it just came off too gold, like more gold than pink. I love the glossimers in general and I think that the quality of the gloss is outstanding: long lasting, thick but not too sticky, beautiful color choices.....just this one wasn't my thing. It is great, but it was just not love. It's funny because I liked it in the store enough to buy it, but I decided basically later in the day that it wasn't my style. Good thing I bought it at nordstrom because of the easy returns!

on 4/15/2008 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Received this item in a swap for an item I paid about $35 bucks for. Not very impressed, I don`t like the texture a whole lot (kinda of goopy sticky), and the color is a tad too frosty for my liking. Looks like MAC Nymphette, which I prefer over this gloss. I`ll still wear it when going to dinner or going out when I want to look a little done up and sexy though. The color is a medium-light pink with gold shimmers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Jeez! $26.50 for l/g is a bit insane but I adore this color. It's a bronzey peach on my light olive skin and the texture is divine. No smell or taste either. Staying power is poor but other than that will rebuy.

on 4/10/2007 10:33:00 PM

This color is simply gorgeous!! The color is a gorgeous, unique pinky-peach with golden shimmer. I'd say taht it slightly resembles NARS orgasm lip gloss but it's FAR classier and not sticky at all like NARS. It just makes the face and lips look so pouty and pretty!

This color is soooooo beautiful. OMG I love it. The SA at chanel said it was very popular, I wanted to try some on but the sample display gloss was completely used up, nothing left. I bought it and glad I did as the color is a gorgeous unique pinky-peach with golden shimmer, it resembles NARS orgasm lip gloss but classier. It just makes the face and lips look so pouty and pretty! Chanel glossimers are one of the best.

on 1/17/2007 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE! I finally broke down and bought this, even though colorwise, in the tube, it looked pretty similar to the Nars Orgasm gloss that I never use (too sticky).

I find it too sheer and glittery alone, but it looks amazing over MAC's Jubilee lipstick--instant Angelina Jolie lips.

A lot of reviews have said they don't like the packaging because it leaks, so I've been keeping it in the container in my makeup bag.

on 12/28/2006 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So you guessed: another swap big score!! And this has become today my fav. Glossimer! Peachy w/ golden hints i'd say. Perfect color, perfect texture, wow just wow!

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my 2nd more worn lipgloss after Dior Ultra Addict in Nibble of Nuts. It's a pink base profusely infused with gold shimmers. It's kind of like MAC Nymphette on tripping on acid. Because there's so much gold in it, it kind of looks coral/peach in the light. If you're a cool toned girl I don't recommend this lipgloss. But if you're slightly tanned Asian, warm, like me. I cannot rec it enough. I also really love the texture, same as Dior Ultra addict, it's a creamy that dries to a shine on lips. Silky smooth and not at all sticky as opposed to the goppy conventional glosses (lipglasses, lipglaze, etc.)