Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My thoughts echo previous reviews in the sense that worn alone this gloss looks garishly gold on my Indian, pigmented lips. Disappointed that it never shows up like the color in the tube. Further, I constantly wipe excess product off the wand so there's a wastage issue. Was inspired to use this tube I've had for years (my first and only Chanel product) due to recent buzz about 10 pan projects and specktra's shop your stash challenge. Find that this is usable over coral lipsticks, and the texture isn't bad. Would not purchase again but will use up this tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought 'Twinkle' and it is a great peachy pink with gold shimmer for my fair complexion and auburn red hair. It gives my lips just the right amount of moisture and lasts for hours without the need for re-application. I am now on the quest to find the perfect non-shimmer glossimer, more cream than shimmer, because Twinkle is a bit too sparkly for daily use. But overall it is the BEST lip gloss I have ever used in my life and believe me, I've tried them all!

About me
Fair with freckles, yellow/pink skin undertones, sensitive/combination skin. I sunburn very easily. Dark brown eyes and auburn 3C hair.
Holy Grail Skin Care
Nivea Whitening Moisturizer (try it!), Alpha Hydrox 10% Gel, Avon's Tea Tree Cleanser and MicroDermabrasion Scrub, Clean and Clear Astringent, Lancome BiFacil Eye Makeup Remover, Egyptian Magic for eyes and Sofina Sunscreen 50 White.
Holy Grail Makeup
Foundation: Chanel Teint Naturel; Blush:NARS Orgasm; Eyes: BE's Vanilla Sugar and Celestine, MAC Shadestick Sharkskin; Lipgloss - Chanel Glossimer Twinkle, MAC Wet, Wild and Fabulous or Mark's Rose Lip Balm for Day. Estee Lauder's Sugar Daddy or L'oreals HIP in Enchanting for night. continued >>

on 11/2/2007 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love this! I'm a big fan of MAC's Nymphette Lipglass and Twinkle is almost identical. Color is a pink peachy rose with gold shimmer. Consistency is a bit thick but it's not heavy and lasts a good while on the lips. This is my second Glossimer purchase, the first being Jaipur, and I just love them. Will be buying more of Twinkle in the future since this type of shade is a staple in my stash of lipglosses.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've got to finally leave this review! I'm on my second tube of this color. I absolutely adore it. Ya know, if you just pull the wand up a bit, and use your finger or a lip brush, you can remove the perfect amount of gloss from the stem of the wand. I do it this way when I apply the gloss. Less needs to be used than most think. Plus, when I use my finger, it warms the gloss, so it soaks right in on my lips. This color is so awesome. It's so perfect and it has got to work for most everyone. Yes, I will always replace this when I run out. The way it nurtures my lips is incredible. I love it more than any other gloss I've tried. And I'm a gloss junkie, so I've tried quite a variety of brands.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am absolutely thrilled about this gloss! I am in love with Chanel Glossimers and Twinkle is no exception. I almost did not try this shade, but a wonderful MUA'er sent it to me and changed my mind! It is the most gorgeous and subtle pink-peachy-gold...what I wanted Mac's nymphette to be. While Nymphette looked like cheap gold shimmer that totally washed me out, Twinkle retains its complexity on the lips. True, it is heavier on the gold than the pink, but it looks absolutely heavenly with the right eyes and cheeks! This is one of those l/g color that makes my skin look radiant a la JLo (sorry to those who dislike her, lol!). I cannot describe the beauty of this l/g, and believe me, I was prepared to dislike it b/c of my failure w/ Mac nymphette. I am a cool ppp/lll blonde, and this color suits me perfectly! Yay, another glossimer that I love :o)

on 12/12/2002 8:27:00 PM

This color was too gold and pink for me. I think it's a great color but just didn't work for me. As usual, great staying power and quality.