Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.1

I bought this gloss to wear over my Rouge Coco lipstick in the Rouge Orage color. I actually did not think the gloss looked that good on my all by itself, but when I put it on I got compliments! Even from my gay male friends who usually do not notice this kind of thing!
So I give it a big thumbs up!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying that I am a lips person. I consider the lips the most succulent, sensual part of the face. Having said that, I didn't hesitate much before dishing out the big bucks(24$) on this rare, gorgeous shade of gloss, and in retrospect, i'm glad I did.
In general, I gotta give it to chanel for concocting the most flattering, most beautiful, and most unique shades of gloss. This was no exception. It is a natural shade of pink with gold shimmer intertwined in it. On the lips, this gold shimmer appears as a highlight, defining the plumper parts of my lips. This shade is special in the sense that it is both unique, and very natural looking. I have encountered many cheaper glosses similar to this one, but not as clean-applying, and as 'high-def.', if you will.The gold shimmer is really visible in this gloss and there is a very clean distinction between the pink shade and the golden one.
However, in spite of all the above, I still couldn't help noticing a defect- this gloss just wasn't glossy at all. As a lipstick, it may have sufficed, but since its marketed as a gloss, I expected a lot more shine. I got very minimal shine if at all and experienced dryness of the lips. Maybe it was chanel's attempt to appear subtle, but in my opinion sensuality and sophistication do not at all oppose. Quite the opposite, actually. Chanel is known as a luxury brand, and this shade is so sophisticated and gorgeous. I say, if Chanel takes the risk of producing it, it should go all out, and flaunt what it produced by adding shine to the gloss, and perhaps moisture.

on 1/13/2010 1:02:00 AM

I recently started using Laura Mercier's Whisper blush duo and the Estee Lauder rose gold eyeshadow quad, which gives me a coppery but natural look. I wanted a lip gloss to go with this, and ended up with Chanel Twinkle. It blends really well with this coppery look. My only complaint is that it can turn a little too white on me.

I think that glossimers are worth the money. They go on so well, and feel so great on my lips. Best of all they do not have any smell or taste. The only lip gloss I have tried that has a texture I like this much is Perscriptives, but the Chanel colors are a lot better.

on 6/9/2009 10:01:00 PM

I've purchased this gloss for the past 5-6 years now. It's such a pretty shimmery pink/peach color and it has the right amount to stickiness to it. The price, I think, is a little ridiculous for a gloss but I haven't been able to find any other colors like this which is why I've been going back for more.

on 5/27/2009 9:54:00 AM

I ove this gloss! Obviously it is not the perfect colour for everybody (I have a couple of expensive glosses that I bought because of the very good reviews here and that were terribly bad for me in terms of colour). I think it's a very fresh, polished lipgloss for fair skinned laidies. Not a colour I've found in cheaper breands.
It has pigment and decent lasting power (for a gloss and compared with others).

In the tube, this is a beautiful, pinky-peach gloss with a just the right amount of golden shimmer. When applied, however, the color is less than perfect. On my lips, it simply looks like a golden peach gloss. Might I add...heavy on the gold. The texture is lovely, and I really like the way it feels on my lips. Regarding the packaging, there must be a slight flaw in the tube. After a couple of uses, I noticed product would goop up around the top, and I had to wipe gloss of the cap each time I used it. This is an expensive product, and I hate the thought of wasting one drop!

on 12/20/2008 11:39:00 PM

I got this in a Duty Free shop in Newark airport, so I only paid about $23 for it. However, I would've paid $30 for this fabulous lip gloss! It's one of those rare 'gorgeous in the tube, gorgeous on' shades that works well with my fair skin and dark hair. Since it is so light, I do wear it over Rimmel's Sorbet lip liner, to give it a more polished look. I've been wearing this for three months now, and it's my go-to gloss for almost every occassion. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 9/7/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't swatch this before I bought this and I regret that. It looked like a beautiful cotton candy pink with gold shimmer in the tube. When I put it on it was just a frosty gold color. This is the only Glossimer I own and I was very disappointed. Maybe I'll try them again some day.

on 8/25/2008 9:41:00 PM

i love chanel glossimers in general. As always, this has a great texture and decent staying power. But twinkle is not a shade I would recommend to anyone who likes to wear just lipgloss on its own. Two coats of this looks frosty in the most tacky way. I enjoy wearing this but only over a lip pencil and or a lipstick, just for a little glitter and shine.

on 6/18/2008 2:09:00 AM

I'm sure this color is great for some, but I didn't love it so much. It looks like a nice, lighter peach pink with some gold shimmer in the tube. So first impression was good, because it looks so pretty in the tube! And it looked like it really couldn't disappoint. But for me, meh. It wasn't all bad, it just came off too gold, like more gold than pink. I love the glossimers in general and I think that the quality of the gloss is outstanding: long lasting, thick but not too sticky, beautiful color choices.....just this one wasn't my thing. It is great, but it was just not love. It's funny because I liked it in the store enough to buy it, but I decided basically later in the day that it wasn't my style. Good thing I bought it at nordstrom because of the easy returns!