Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

4.2

on 4/11/2011 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am generally more of a lipstick or balm girl, and don't wear many glosses. However, this color was so pretty that I couldn't resist. Twinkle is a pretty, pale rosy pink with gold shimmer. Personally, I do not find the shimmer overwhelming - it is more like a highlight. The texture of the gloss is thick and somewhat sticky/heavy, so it does last longer than most glosses. I think this works well with pinks or peaches and I would also expect this would work well on many different complexions. I like this gloss and I will repurchase if I ever run out.

I bought this gloss to wear over my Rouge Coco lipstick in the Rouge Orage color. I actually did not think the gloss looked that good on my all by itself, but when I put it on I got compliments! Even from my gay male friends who usually do not notice this kind of thing!
So I give it a big thumbs up!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do like this gloss a lot, but there are a few things that would keep me from buying this particular color again. I'll start with this positives. First, the texture is awesome! And there is no scents or flavors to keep you from licking it off. The tube is well packaged. And last but not least you get what you pay for. The not so great things. The color looks cheap, the gold shimmer is way too much and it distracts from any kind of class you had before you put the lipgloss on. Maybe it just looks like that on me because of how pale I am, I dont know. I will definetly buy this product again, but in a different color.

on 1/13/2010 1:02:00 AM

I recently started using Laura Mercier's Whisper blush duo and the Estee Lauder rose gold eyeshadow quad, which gives me a coppery but natural look. I wanted a lip gloss to go with this, and ended up with Chanel Twinkle. It blends really well with this coppery look. My only complaint is that it can turn a little too white on me.

I think that glossimers are worth the money. They go on so well, and feel so great on my lips. Best of all they do not have any smell or taste. The only lip gloss I have tried that has a texture I like this much is Perscriptives, but the Chanel colors are a lot better.

on 5/27/2009 11:50:00 PM

I like glossimers but this color didn't work for me (NW15). In the tube it reminded me of MAC Nymphette but once applied it was way too gold to look flattering on me. I'm giving it a three because the quality is great, it's just the color I'm not in love with.

on 5/27/2009 9:54:00 AM

I ove this gloss! Obviously it is not the perfect colour for everybody (I have a couple of expensive glosses that I bought because of the very good reviews here and that were terribly bad for me in terms of colour). I think it's a very fresh, polished lipgloss for fair skinned laidies. Not a colour I've found in cheaper breands.
It has pigment and decent lasting power (for a gloss and compared with others).

on 12/20/2008 11:39:00 PM

I got this in a Duty Free shop in Newark airport, so I only paid about $23 for it. However, I would've paid $30 for this fabulous lip gloss! It's one of those rare 'gorgeous in the tube, gorgeous on' shades that works well with my fair skin and dark hair. Since it is so light, I do wear it over Rimmel's Sorbet lip liner, to give it a more polished look. I've been wearing this for three months now, and it's my go-to gloss for almost every occassion. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'd been wanting this for awhile but my counter never had it in stock (so why is it on display I often wanted to ask) anyways finally got my hands on it & I am not disappointed. This is eveything I wanted MAC's Nymphette to be. Quite pigmented, lovely pinky-peachy gold colour. Yes its expensive, but its fabulous.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Before the lip gloss version of the Nars blush with the vulgar name came out, I would call Twinkle the lip gloss version of the Nars blush that shall not be named. The same peachy, flattering to most, light shimmer-y color. That said, on me, Twinkle was goopy and I found the coverage uneven although if I could get it to go on, the color was nice on my PPP NC 15 self.
To be honest I am going to try the Nars gloss of vulgar name now that it has come out and see how it compares to Twinkle. I would maybe buy Twinkle again if I could test the actual tube I was going to buy as the last one I had was leaky and the wand was kinda wiggly. That experience took me off Chanel glosses for a few years until just recently.

on 4/19/2007 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Twinkle is a beautiful pinky-peach shade with golden shimmer. It does not feel gritty on the lips. The texture of this gloss is very smooth, almost feels like satin. Wears very well by itself, since it is very pigmented on my lips. This is a gorgeous spring-summer color, reminds me of colors you see during a sunset. Beautiful!