Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.1

on 12/28/2006 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So you guessed: another swap big score!! And this has become today my fav. Glossimer! Peachy w/ golden hints i'd say. Perfect color, perfect texture, wow just wow!

continued >>

on 9/15/2004 10:43:00 PM

I replaced a Twinkle I lost last spring in Phoenix and have just now got around to trying it again, due to the way I'd associated Twinkle with the guy whose house I'd left the original Twinkle at (he broke my heart, what can I say). Well, fast forward several months: I'm over the guy and recently tried Twinkle again. I love it. It's more golden than, say, Volage (one of the best lippies in the world), but it made my lips look great--very sexy, and had great color depth. I recommend this Glossimer for PPPs like me, though; if you have blonde hair and light eyes, too, it will likely be a hit. Try it over a rose pink lipstick: it's gorgeous.

on 5/31/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Click continue for swatches. This is the newest edition to small collection of glossimers. A regional makeup artist for Chanel picked out this color for me during a recent makeover at the Chanel counter (paired with the Oasis Eye Quad). This reminds me of a deeper pigmented version of pin-up. It looks great on my currently NC25/Chanel Soft bisque skin. As with all glossimers this is relatively nonsticky (for a gloss), last about 2 hours, and is moisturizing. Worth the money. I have yet to find a glossimer I dont like.

continued >>

on 8/25/2008 9:41:00 PM

i love chanel glossimers in general. As always, this has a great texture and decent staying power. But twinkle is not a shade I would recommend to anyone who likes to wear just lipgloss on its own. Two coats of this looks frosty in the most tacky way. I enjoy wearing this but only over a lip pencil and or a lipstick, just for a little glitter and shine.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying that I am a lips person. I consider the lips the most succulent, sensual part of the face. Having said that, I didn't hesitate much before dishing out the big bucks(24$) on this rare, gorgeous shade of gloss, and in retrospect, i'm glad I did.
In general, I gotta give it to chanel for concocting the most flattering, most beautiful, and most unique shades of gloss. This was no exception. It is a natural shade of pink with gold shimmer intertwined in it. On the lips, this gold shimmer appears as a highlight, defining the plumper parts of my lips. This shade is special in the sense that it is both unique, and very natural looking. I have encountered many cheaper glosses similar to this one, but not as clean-applying, and as 'high-def.', if you will.The gold shimmer is really visible in this gloss and there is a very clean distinction between the pink shade and the golden one.
However, in spite of all the above, I still couldn't help noticing a defect- this gloss just wasn't glossy at all. As a lipstick, it may have sufficed, but since its marketed as a gloss, I expected a lot more shine. I got very minimal shine if at all and experienced dryness of the lips. Maybe it was chanel's attempt to appear subtle, but in my opinion sensuality and sophistication do not at all oppose. Quite the opposite, actually. Chanel is known as a luxury brand, and this shade is so sophisticated and gorgeous. I say, if Chanel takes the risk of producing it, it should go all out, and flaunt what it produced by adding shine to the gloss, and perhaps moisture.

on 6/9/2009 10:01:00 PM

I've purchased this gloss for the past 5-6 years now. It's such a pretty shimmery pink/peach color and it has the right amount to stickiness to it. The price, I think, is a little ridiculous for a gloss but I haven't been able to find any other colors like this which is why I've been going back for more.

on 12/20/2008 11:39:00 PM

I got this in a Duty Free shop in Newark airport, so I only paid about $23 for it. However, I would've paid $30 for this fabulous lip gloss! It's one of those rare 'gorgeous in the tube, gorgeous on' shades that works well with my fair skin and dark hair. Since it is so light, I do wear it over Rimmel's Sorbet lip liner, to give it a more polished look. I've been wearing this for three months now, and it's my go-to gloss for almost every occassion. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 11/2/2007 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love this! I'm a big fan of MAC's Nymphette Lipglass and Twinkle is almost identical. Color is a pink peachy rose with gold shimmer. Consistency is a bit thick but it's not heavy and lasts a good while on the lips. This is my second Glossimer purchase, the first being Jaipur, and I just love them. Will be buying more of Twinkle in the future since this type of shade is a staple in my stash of lipglosses.

well truly, if there were a lipgloss hall of fame....Twinkle would be the Queen of all! It is so wonderful! The color is amazing, the coverage, texture and longevity are second to none. I love it, and have gone thru at least 6 tubes since i first discovered it. My hubby even puts one in my stocking at Christmas....isn't he a doll? :o)

on 4/19/2007 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Twinkle is a beautiful pinky-peach shade with golden shimmer. It does not feel gritty on the lips. The texture of this gloss is very smooth, almost feels like satin. Wears very well by itself, since it is very pigmented on my lips. This is a gorgeous spring-summer color, reminds me of colors you see during a sunset. Beautiful!