Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.4

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I own about 6 glossimers. I never bought this one over the years because I loved Pin-Up and this was close to it. Pin-Up was discontinued so I finally bought this. As one of the last reviewer wrote, it does have the potential to look garish or 'white' on. Some of the older Glossimers are more pigmented and heavier. I do prefer this texture because it lasts longer and is not so 'glossy' or real wet on lips (when it's so wet your hair sticks to your lips). It looks best if you apply over a lipliner and use a very small amount, then blend. It will look stunning. EDIT: I wore it this weekend and happened to catch a look in mirror. It turned almost a frosty white and looked all wrong on me. I tried it alone w/o a liner and looked more natural. Still returned. It is not at all close to Pin-Up.

I bought this gloss to wear over my Rouge Coco lipstick in the Rouge Orage color. I actually did not think the gloss looked that good on my all by itself, but when I put it on I got compliments! Even from my gay male friends who usually do not notice this kind of thing!
So I give it a big thumbs up!

on 11/27/2004 9:15:00 AM

Gorgeous sheer pink color. Easy to wear with almost anything, whether dressy or casual. Lovely shine with depth due to all of the little colors that Chanel has mixed in with the formulation. Because this is a light sheer, it must be re-applied fairly frequently. Packaging works well in a purse, small enough tube to fit into a jacket or back pocket.

on 9/15/2004 10:43:00 PM

I replaced a Twinkle I lost last spring in Phoenix and have just now got around to trying it again, due to the way I'd associated Twinkle with the guy whose house I'd left the original Twinkle at (he broke my heart, what can I say). Well, fast forward several months: I'm over the guy and recently tried Twinkle again. I love it. It's more golden than, say, Volage (one of the best lippies in the world), but it made my lips look great--very sexy, and had great color depth. I recommend this Glossimer for PPPs like me, though; if you have blonde hair and light eyes, too, it will likely be a hit. Try it over a rose pink lipstick: it's gorgeous.

Love it! This gloss is an Iced Golden Pink w/ just enough Shimmer to enhance my Pretty Full lips- It does NOT wash me out, at all! I can use this by itself(with a tan), But find it best for Topping off Lipstick, as a Dazzling Glimmer of Pink golden Shine- I just tried it on top Of Showgirl, it looks amazing!