Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My thoughts echo previous reviews in the sense that worn alone this gloss looks garishly gold on my Indian, pigmented lips. Disappointed that it never shows up like the color in the tube. Further, I constantly wipe excess product off the wand so there's a wastage issue. Was inspired to use this tube I've had for years (my first and only Chanel product) due to recent buzz about 10 pan projects and specktra's shop your stash challenge. Find that this is usable over coral lipsticks, and the texture isn't bad. Would not purchase again but will use up this tube.

on 4/11/2011 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am generally more of a lipstick or balm girl, and don't wear many glosses. However, this color was so pretty that I couldn't resist. Twinkle is a pretty, pale rosy pink with gold shimmer. Personally, I do not find the shimmer overwhelming - it is more like a highlight. The texture of the gloss is thick and somewhat sticky/heavy, so it does last longer than most glosses. I think this works well with pinks or peaches and I would also expect this would work well on many different complexions. I like this gloss and I will repurchase if I ever run out.

on 9/7/2008 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't swatch this before I bought this and I regret that. It looked like a beautiful cotton candy pink with gold shimmer in the tube. When I put it on it was just a frosty gold color. This is the only Glossimer I own and I was very disappointed. Maybe I'll try them again some day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought 'Twinkle' and it is a great peachy pink with gold shimmer for my fair complexion and auburn red hair. It gives my lips just the right amount of moisture and lasts for hours without the need for re-application. I am now on the quest to find the perfect non-shimmer glossimer, more cream than shimmer, because Twinkle is a bit too sparkly for daily use. But overall it is the BEST lip gloss I have ever used in my life and believe me, I've tried them all!

About me
Fair with freckles, yellow/pink skin undertones, sensitive/combination skin. I sunburn very easily. Dark brown eyes and auburn 3C hair.
Holy Grail Skin Care
Nivea Whitening Moisturizer (try it!), Alpha Hydrox 10% Gel, Avon's Tea Tree Cleanser and MicroDermabrasion Scrub, Clean and Clear Astringent, Lancome BiFacil Eye Makeup Remover, Egyptian Magic for eyes and Sofina Sunscreen 50 White.
Holy Grail Makeup
Foundation: Chanel Teint Naturel; Blush:NARS Orgasm; Eyes: BE's Vanilla Sugar and Celestine, MAC Shadestick Sharkskin; Lipgloss - Chanel Glossimer Twinkle, MAC Wet, Wild and Fabulous or Mark's Rose Lip Balm for Day. Estee Lauder's Sugar Daddy or L'oreals HIP in Enchanting for night. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Jeez! $26.50 for l/g is a bit insane but I adore this color. It's a bronzey peach on my light olive skin and the texture is divine. No smell or taste either. Staying power is poor but other than that will rebuy.

well truly, if there were a lipgloss hall of fame....Twinkle would be the Queen of all! It is so wonderful! The color is amazing, the coverage, texture and longevity are second to none. I love it, and have gone thru at least 6 tubes since i first discovered it. My hubby even puts one in my stocking at Christmas....isn't he a doll? :o)

on 4/10/2007 10:33:00 PM

This color is simply gorgeous!! The color is a gorgeous, unique pinky-peach with golden shimmer. I'd say taht it slightly resembles NARS orgasm lip gloss but it's FAR classier and not sticky at all like NARS. It just makes the face and lips look so pouty and pretty!

Twinkle is a very pretty pale pink-gold color. This color is going to work best on fair people, in my opinion. On me its a very flattering color. I like the glossimers texture, they feel smooth, creamy and my lips dont feel glued together. If you can afford this item and are ppp, then I would try this gloss.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Twinkle is an icy gold peach/pink gloss that glistens as much or more as MAC's lipglass without feeling heavy. On me (MAC NC25) it looks more like a tawny peach than pink and I like to wear it with Nars Orgasm blush and Lorac Jade e/s with MAC's Vex on the brow line and Embark e/s as a liner. I'm on the fence as to whether I'd repurchase. I like it but don't love it. I'd almost rather wear Bourjois glosses instead (also made by Chanel) because they also stay on without being sticky and come in an array of gorgeous colors for almost half the price. ** Update - I just found Jordana's Lipshine Shimmer Glaze in Vanilla Bean at Walgreens for $1.99 and I swear this looks as good or better than Chanel's Twinkle!!!! I'm amazed at how inexpensive this gloss is and how fabulous it looks. It doesn't have as much gold as Twinkle, but hey, for the price, who cares? I will not be buying Twinkle ever again!!!!!!!!

I love this lipgloss, i tried it on my lips over MAC's sundrenched cream colour base, it kind of reminds me of nymphette or prrr but not as sheer, i will definatly be buying this when i run out!