Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

4.2

on 1/10/2012 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this to go with a gold sequin dress and I loved the way it looked!! I ended up losing it the night after I bought it, so I went out and reluctantly shelled out the cash for a replacement because of how long wearing and pretty it was.

I generally wear NARS orgasm gloss, and it has a similar color, however the NARS was starting to dry out my lips (i have vey dry lips)

The Chanel is around the same price and I have to say, I am switching brands. Love it!

on 6/9/2009 10:01:00 PM

I've purchased this gloss for the past 5-6 years now. It's such a pretty shimmery pink/peach color and it has the right amount to stickiness to it. The price, I think, is a little ridiculous for a gloss but I haven't been able to find any other colors like this which is why I've been going back for more.

on 5/31/2009 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Click continue for swatches. This is the newest edition to small collection of glossimers. A regional makeup artist for Chanel picked out this color for me during a recent makeover at the Chanel counter (paired with the Oasis Eye Quad). This reminds me of a deeper pigmented version of pin-up. It looks great on my currently NC25/Chanel Soft bisque skin. As with all glossimers this is relatively nonsticky (for a gloss), last about 2 hours, and is moisturizing. Worth the money. I have yet to find a glossimer I dont like.

continued >>

on 5/27/2009 9:54:00 AM

I ove this gloss! Obviously it is not the perfect colour for everybody (I have a couple of expensive glosses that I bought because of the very good reviews here and that were terribly bad for me in terms of colour). I think it's a very fresh, polished lipgloss for fair skinned laidies. Not a colour I've found in cheaper breands.
It has pigment and decent lasting power (for a gloss and compared with others).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was very pretty, but very sticky, expensive and not worth the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I'd been wanting this for awhile but my counter never had it in stock (so why is it on display I often wanted to ask) anyways finally got my hands on it & I am not disappointed. This is eveything I wanted MAC's Nymphette to be. Quite pigmented, lovely pinky-peachy gold colour. Yes its expensive, but its fabulous.

on 11/2/2007 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love this! I'm a big fan of MAC's Nymphette Lipglass and Twinkle is almost identical. Color is a pink peachy rose with gold shimmer. Consistency is a bit thick but it's not heavy and lasts a good while on the lips. This is my second Glossimer purchase, the first being Jaipur, and I just love them. Will be buying more of Twinkle in the future since this type of shade is a staple in my stash of lipglosses.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Before the lip gloss version of the Nars blush with the vulgar name came out, I would call Twinkle the lip gloss version of the Nars blush that shall not be named. The same peachy, flattering to most, light shimmer-y color. That said, on me, Twinkle was goopy and I found the coverage uneven although if I could get it to go on, the color was nice on my PPP NC 15 self.
To be honest I am going to try the Nars gloss of vulgar name now that it has come out and see how it compares to Twinkle. I would maybe buy Twinkle again if I could test the actual tube I was going to buy as the last one I had was leaky and the wand was kinda wiggly. That experience took me off Chanel glosses for a few years until just recently.

on 4/19/2007 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Twinkle is a beautiful pinky-peach shade with golden shimmer. It does not feel gritty on the lips. The texture of this gloss is very smooth, almost feels like satin. Wears very well by itself, since it is very pigmented on my lips. This is a gorgeous spring-summer color, reminds me of colors you see during a sunset. Beautiful!

on 1/17/2007 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE! I finally broke down and bought this, even though colorwise, in the tube, it looked pretty similar to the Nars Orgasm gloss that I never use (too sticky).

I find it too sheer and glittery alone, but it looks amazing over MAC's Jubilee lipstick--instant Angelina Jolie lips.

A lot of reviews have said they don't like the packaging because it leaks, so I've been keeping it in the container in my makeup bag.