Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle

Filtered by age: 19-24
Chanel Glossimer - Twinkle
Chanel Twinkle Glossimer

on 6/11/2011 12:54:00 AM

I see the ratings are relatively high for this product, however these glosses are not the best out there. I broke down and bought a Chanel lipgloss because I wanted to see if the 35 dollar price tag was worth it. Let's be honest, this is definitely a sticky lipgloss, way more sticky than some other brands out there. The ones with sparkles look like a cheap drugstore lipgloss. I was not impressed and will not purchase this prodcut again in the future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do like this gloss a lot, but there are a few things that would keep me from buying this particular color again. I'll start with this positives. First, the texture is awesome! And there is no scents or flavors to keep you from licking it off. The tube is well packaged. And last but not least you get what you pay for. The not so great things. The color looks cheap, the gold shimmer is way too much and it distracts from any kind of class you had before you put the lipgloss on. Maybe it just looks like that on me because of how pale I am, I dont know. I will definetly buy this product again, but in a different color.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying that I am a lips person. I consider the lips the most succulent, sensual part of the face. Having said that, I didn't hesitate much before dishing out the big bucks(24$) on this rare, gorgeous shade of gloss, and in retrospect, i'm glad I did.
In general, I gotta give it to chanel for concocting the most flattering, most beautiful, and most unique shades of gloss. This was no exception. It is a natural shade of pink with gold shimmer intertwined in it. On the lips, this gold shimmer appears as a highlight, defining the plumper parts of my lips. This shade is special in the sense that it is both unique, and very natural looking. I have encountered many cheaper glosses similar to this one, but not as clean-applying, and as 'high-def.', if you will.The gold shimmer is really visible in this gloss and there is a very clean distinction between the pink shade and the golden one.
However, in spite of all the above, I still couldn't help noticing a defect- this gloss just wasn't glossy at all. As a lipstick, it may have sufficed, but since its marketed as a gloss, I expected a lot more shine. I got very minimal shine if at all and experienced dryness of the lips. Maybe it was chanel's attempt to appear subtle, but in my opinion sensuality and sophistication do not at all oppose. Quite the opposite, actually. Chanel is known as a luxury brand, and this shade is so sophisticated and gorgeous. I say, if Chanel takes the risk of producing it, it should go all out, and flaunt what it produced by adding shine to the gloss, and perhaps moisture.

on 5/27/2009 11:50:00 PM

I like glossimers but this color didn't work for me (NW15). In the tube it reminded me of MAC Nymphette but once applied it was way too gold to look flattering on me. I'm giving it a three because the quality is great, it's just the color I'm not in love with.

on 12/20/2008 11:39:00 PM

I got this in a Duty Free shop in Newark airport, so I only paid about $23 for it. However, I would've paid $30 for this fabulous lip gloss! It's one of those rare 'gorgeous in the tube, gorgeous on' shades that works well with my fair skin and dark hair. Since it is so light, I do wear it over Rimmel's Sorbet lip liner, to give it a more polished look. I've been wearing this for three months now, and it's my go-to gloss for almost every occassion. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 6/18/2008 2:09:00 AM

I'm sure this color is great for some, but I didn't love it so much. It looks like a nice, lighter peach pink with some gold shimmer in the tube. So first impression was good, because it looks so pretty in the tube! And it looked like it really couldn't disappoint. But for me, meh. It wasn't all bad, it just came off too gold, like more gold than pink. I love the glossimers in general and I think that the quality of the gloss is outstanding: long lasting, thick but not too sticky, beautiful color choices.....just this one wasn't my thing. It is great, but it was just not love. It's funny because I liked it in the store enough to buy it, but I decided basically later in the day that it wasn't my style. Good thing I bought it at nordstrom because of the easy returns!

on 4/15/2008 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Received this item in a swap for an item I paid about $35 bucks for. Not very impressed, I don`t like the texture a whole lot (kinda of goopy sticky), and the color is a tad too frosty for my liking. Looks like MAC Nymphette, which I prefer over this gloss. I`ll still wear it when going to dinner or going out when I want to look a little done up and sexy though. The color is a medium-light pink with gold shimmers.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Chanel "Twinkle" is one of my HG lipglosses. It has the perfect consistancy, great shine, great sparkle, great shade. The packaging is beautiful and elegant. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this product, other than the price. However, for 30 or something dollars, I am willing to splurge it out for this great product.

Twinkle is a pretty shimmery golden peach color. I normally don't like that type of color, but it actually looks nice on me. I just bought Twinkle a month ago and at first I though it was a boring color (probably because I'm used to wearing dark lipsticks), but now I'm starting to like it. It's a good lipgloss for summer and looks good with dark eyeshadows. It looks good by itself and on top of a lipstick. I'm still not sure if I will buy another if I run out because other brands, which aren't as expensive as Chanel, might have colors similiar to this.

I really didnt like nars orgasm, and when my MUA friend suggested chanel twinkle I wasnt sure as I heard they are quite similar. But I gave in last weekend and bought twinkle and pagoda, and love them both! imo, twinkle looks great! and i dont hate it like i go nars orgasm l/g so it cant be THAT similar...its a sheer goldy peach-pink, and against my nc25 skintone, brown hair and blue eyes it looks so pretty...i can use more for glam nights out or a tiny bit, for a subtle, natural day look. I love chanel glossimers!