NARS Nepal

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NARS Nepal

4.2

Nepal is one of my favorite eyeshadows, this is the shade I wear 50% of the time even though I own more eyeshadow than I'd like to admit. The shade on me is a golden, warm, muted rose/peach and the finish is a slight shimmer. I usually wear nepal on the lid with ondine or galapagos in the crease. I highly recommend this shade for pale girls with yellow or neutral undertones.

on 8/19/2011 7:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually got this as a gift for my friend, who happens to be from Nepal, so I thought it would be a cute gift. She loved it! She wears it everyday and it looks so gorgeous on her, that I obviously had to purchase it again for myself. Its an amazing "swipe all over your lid and go" kind of color. Love!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

As other reviewers have said, this is a great everyday kind of color. You can go subtle with just a bit of medium brown in the crease or you can amp up the drama with a darker purple or bronze. The shadow is amazingly silky and pigmented and wears beautifully.

on 12/6/2009 12:51:00 PM

got this as a gift.

it doesnt really suit my skin tone, looks too red on my lid~

but it stands long and the powder doesnt fly away no matter its applied by fingers or brushes, plus it combines great with other brands.

Moreover, it doesnt make my lid puffy, hence it's still good value for me, only i'd try another color if i have to buy it.

on 11/13/2009 6:41:00 PM

Nice muted pink all over lid color. Nothing special, but pretty.

on 10/19/2009 9:00:00 PM

It's a nice color, but I don't think it works quite right with my skin tone. I've had this shadow for 4+ years, and still haven't hit the pan, but I will keep it for fun.

on 4/18/2009 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A good shade for everyday wear. I wear this color when I want an easy, natural, and fresh look for the daytime. It's a sheer, muted pink with a little shimmer. It serves as a good base for evening makeup as well. Just apply a darker color in the crease and outer corner of your eyes and you're good to go.

on 4/4/2009 5:05:00 PM

I agree with Ekelur - Make eyes bluer with this! Nepal is a great base color - kind of pinky peach. Add Lola for a neutral brown. Fez is a little darker brown and Galapagos is a lot more brown!

Love it!

on 1/29/2008 1:14:00 PM

This is part of my "make blue eyes look bluer" recipe: sweep this lovely peachy/pinky/coppery shimmer over the lid, then add Lola Lola in the crease. Add black or brown eyeliner if desired, and lots of mascara. Perfecto!

on 5/18/2006 6:03:00 PM

I adore this eyeshadow. (Thank goodness for that--I went through a rather frustrating process to get it). It is in the "All About Eve" family, being a sheer, pink-toned beigey nude with super-fine shimmers that give it a beautiful wet-looking sheen--so flattering! But unlike AAE, it actually shows up on my LLL/AAB skin as a color since the fairly pronounced pink tone (that has a bit of peach in it) contrasts just enough with my skin. I do have to layer a wee bit to get the effect I want, but the end result is a wonderfully polished, "naked" eye. I am in a "natural makeup" stage right now and Nepal is now one of my favorite colors (the others being MAC's Patina and L'Oreal's Wear Infinite in Gilded Glow) for a slightly-but-attractively enhanced eye.

The packaging is fine, though I wish NARS offered pans at a lower price. But the more and more NARS stuff I try, the more I love it. The shadows are very expensive and the quality can vary from shade to shade, but if you get a "good" one, then I guarantee that you'll find yourself compulsively wearing it everyday.

Nepal is the center one in the bottom row. (The others, in case you are interested are in clockwise order from top left: Bobbi Brown Woodrose, Laura Mercier Cashmere, Bliss Labs Blisslids Babydoll, Prestige Chiffon, Nepal, Origins Sand Storm.

continued >>