NARS Nepal

Filtered by skin type : Normal
NARS Nepal

4.4

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow. After fawning over it for a few months, I decided to bite the bullet and give this shade a try as all the swatches were beautiful.
I love the color and it is a perfect neutral color to throw on if you are in a hurry and a great brighten your eyes especially for darker skintones. It has become one of those nudish with hints of peach and pink that makes it a great eyelid shade to be paired with any sort of crease color.
Although it is expensive for one eyeshadow, I definitely think this color is worth every penny as I use it almost every day.

I would buy this again but I won't have to for a long time because Nars shadows are so big! This is a nice shimmer of pinky beige gold. It gives me good color without going all out. Sometimes I will pair it with a brown or sometimes wear it alone just as a wash. I have hazel eyes and think that this brings out the green. I have had trouble with other Nars colors creasing but not with this one.

So beautiful! A rosy pink, pearl sheen, great by its own, or paired with grays, purples, and bronzes. Lovely!

on 2/15/2009 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a really good color. This, teamed with Ondine eyeshadow is really nice. I bought Ondine first and didn't know what to team it with. Nepal is a nice friend for it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

VersaceBlonde described this shade perfectly. It is indeed a shimmery rose-mauve-petal pink. I find this to be a very wearable (I avoided pinks like the plague before seeing this in Sephora) and versatile shade. I wear it alone for a fresh look or blend it with other colors (purples/plums and shimmery browns work well with this) for smoky eye looks. It's a beautiful shade that works with so many skintones, haircolors, and eyecolors :-)

Though quite 'blah' in the pan, Nepal is great to use with cool-neutral lips and/or cheeks. Most of my other wash shades are too warm for this (MAC Naked Lunch, Shroom, etc.). The price is outrageous for a single e/s in my opinion ($21) as the texture is no better or worse than the average e/s. Packaging is nice and durable, but if I had more than one Nars e/s, I'd want the top to be clear so you can identify the colour without reading the tiny lable on the back or flipping the top open.

on 2/14/2006 9:07:00 PM

This is my most frequently used daytime eyeshadow, and I love it! Some people are complaining that the colour is too sheer, but on me (red hair and very fair skin), the colour shows up perfectly and lasts all day (but that might be because I use the eyeshadow primer, F.Y...Eye by Benefit). Sometimes I wear it solo, but usually a pair it with a wee bit of shimmery white in the inner and outer corners of the eye with two coats of black mascara. Very pretty. Sometimes I wear it at night with a bold, coral/red lipstick for a more dramatic look. this colour is definately not too sheer for the fair skinned.

on 10/16/2004 8:46:00 PM

This is a beautiful color - it looks a lot like the middle color in Stila Summer Trio from several years ago.

on 6/25/2004 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Great E/S! Shimmery, neutral peach. Excellent on my fair complexion; would probably not show up as well on someone w/a darker skintone.

This is my HG pink. While I find the consistency of Nars shadows poor compared to Chantecaille, for example, I cannot find such a pretty, complex shade anywhere else. It's just dark enough on my PPP skin to wash from lid to brow without being overpowering. It has a bit of shimmer/sparkle to it, but it's pretty, not cheap. Good for day and night.