NARS Nepal

NARS Nepal

4.3

Astoundingly typical shade, and was not pigmented enough to show up on my lids (I have light-medium Asian skin tone).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Thought this might be my HG pink but unfortunately it's so sheer it barely shows up on me. A very pretty color but does me no good. I kind of like the black & white rubber package but it gets dirty too quickly. Very disappointing.

on 1/23/2004 6:55:00 PM

I was very excited to try out NARS eyeshadows. The counter looks exciting and I felt I'd been using Bobbi Brown for too many years and was bored and wanted to try a new counter. However, I was disapointed. I bought the ARCTIC shadow duo since the colors seemed unique and exciting and the MA applied them to my eyes with great success. However, when I tried to do the same at home, I had trouble 1) getting color to show up and then 2) making it last. For the two nights I wore this duo, I would come home at night 6 hours later and there would be little evidence that the shadows were ever on my eyes. They had faded and also run a bit from where I applied them. The quality was not very good! I think Bobbi Brown makes MUCH superior eyeshadows and will just go back there to try some new colors/techniques rather than switching lines to Nars. I returned ARCTIC for a full refund. I think this line just looks good at the counter, fantastic and intersting colors, and has cool packaging (better than BB with the annoying screw on tops) but lacks quality for the money! UPDATE: I tried Nars eyeshadow AGAIN - this time Ashes to Ashes and Nepal. Great colors - but, again, they failed to last on me after the MA applied them and I wore them around for the rest of the day. They were gone in 4 hours - BAD for the price.

on 1/11/2004 1:51:00 PM

Didn't like this product because it didn't show up on me. I tend to be second from the lightest in foundation so fair, but not PPP. It just didn't show at all.

on 4/21/2003 4:48:00 PM

This color showed up as a peachy pink on my warm-toned ppp skin even though it looks pink with tan undertones in the compact. It is alas too dark of a pink for me and gave me the albino rabbit look. Excellent packaging though.

on 5/3/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Nepal is a champagne pink gold shimmer. It's very finely milled, soft and very pigmented. Because it has some pink tones, I have to apply sparingly to avoid the allergy eye/rabbit eye look. I think it would look better on someone cool-toned. A nice wash or highlight shade but I prefer NARS Abyssinia for my coloring.

on 10/19/2009 9:00:00 PM

It's a nice color, but I don't think it works quite right with my skin tone. I've had this shadow for 4+ years, and still haven't hit the pan, but I will keep it for fun.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful colour, but looks absolutely awful on me. I am extremely fair with pink undertones and this blends in too much with my skin and makes my eyes look super irritated. Texture and payoff is nice just doesn't work with my colouring.

on 2/1/2008 5:31:00 AM

Quality is great, the color was wrong. It was too dark and wrong kind of shimmery to make me look awake. It just made my lids look even duller. I was expecting to wear this alone and make me look clean. Id did the opposite. I am pale, blue-green eyes, red hair.

Though quite 'blah' in the pan, Nepal is great to use with cool-neutral lips and/or cheeks. Most of my other wash shades are too warm for this (MAC Naked Lunch, Shroom, etc.). The price is outrageous for a single e/s in my opinion ($21) as the texture is no better or worse than the average e/s. Packaging is nice and durable, but if I had more than one Nars e/s, I'd want the top to be clear so you can identify the colour without reading the tiny lable on the back or flipping the top open.