Basis Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

Basis Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash

4.1

Triple Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, PEG 8, Glyceryl Laurate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Lavender Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Rosemary Extract, Spearmint Extract, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Fragrance

on 8/11/2016 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this yesterday just to try it because I normally use olay bar soap for my face but now I am breaking out and this leaves a sticky film on my face .. Smells like Elizabeth Arden green tea. One lippie for the smell but this isn't for me.. Back to olay ..update this broke my face out in the worst way possible I have at least 30 pimples right now plz avoid this product it's awful..

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I like this face wash because it's foamy and does a good job at removing my makeup. Be VERY careful if you have sensitive eyes because this stuff is strong and it will sting. But other than that one caveat, I would recommend this if you're looking for a no-fuss every day face cleanser, especially if you're removing heavy makeup.

on 12/30/2015 9:36:00 PM

I used to have a problem with gentle cleansers as they wouldn't remove all of my foundation, but basis does. It has a very nice, soothing smell and foams up with a little water. I can't find it in stores anymore, so I get it on amazon and its relatively cheap(I'm already on my 3rd tube). Ever since I started using this product about 3 years ago I havent used any other gentle cleanser and 1 tube lasts a long time since a little goes a long way. I pair it with a bp cleanser for my oily skin, but if you have normal skin that isn't acne prone I don't think you'd have a problem with this.

on 1/13/2015 11:16:00 AM

Love this. Pray they never take it off the market. I use this twice a day and it has kept my difficult skin much easier to manage. Doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry, just clean. A little bit goes a long way. I have a hard time finding it in stores but its on Amazon. Everyone needs to give this face wash a try in my opinion.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nothing special. Just a basic face wash.
I do not feel it really cleansed that well and my skin seemed to look sorta dull when I used this.
The dullness improved immediately once I stopped using it.

on 9/23/2014 11:42:00 AM

LOVE this stuff!! I have the hardest time finding it in the store so I usually buy it on Amazon. I have combination skin and while I still get the occasional pimple, it doesn't dry my skin out while keeping it grease free. I love the light scent and the little bit of foam I get. Takes off my makeup no problem. My skin just feels good after washing with this stuff. It also lasts a long time. A small amount on your finger tip goes a long way. I cant' rave about this face wash enough.

I brought multiple tubes of this facewash after falling in love with it's calming herbal fragrance. And for $3.98 at Walmart it's definite bang for the buck. But I wouldn't rely on just using it alone to remove makeup. Like other reviewers noted it doesn't remove everything. It's probably best used as a morning face wash when waking up.

on 5/20/2014 1:01:00 AM

I used this product many years ago and if they did not reformulate, I have to comment that it did not remove my heavily applied makeup at the time. Although it foams, not as powerful as a foaming face wash or even a cream-foaming face wash.

on 1/19/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily/combo skin that isn't really problematic at all. I loved this product for the first few months of having used it. It smells amazing and lathers fantastic no matter how much or how little you use. But then I started to wear makeup everyday and I really started to have chin breakouts. I was wondering why and then I figured out that I wasn't removing my makeup completely. After using my cleansing oil, I used this cleanser and I thought it was doing the job. It wasn't at all. It claims to remove dirt, oil, and makeup but it can't even remove my waterproof mascara or powder blush. If you're someone who doesn't wear makeup, then give this a go.

on 1/10/2014 12:27:00 PM

This cleanser made me break out terribly.
I bought it after reading all the positive reviews and was looking forward to trying it.
Within a few days my skin got many dry patches and eventually I developed a rash.
I guess I am allergic to some of its ingredients.
To add to the misery I bought a 3pack of this on Amazon:(
Will try to use it as a foot soak and on the kitchen floor.