Lanvin Eclat D'Arpege

Lanvin Eclat D'Arpege

4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm using this fragrance for over ten years, it's perfect for every day, so fresh, unique and not too heavy or too sweet, I just love love love it!

Wow, I truly love this perfume and it's momma Arpege. I wear and love them both! This flanker is just so me! Its so light, citrusy, fresh, up lifting, and plain old just lovely:) I love the bottle the Violet colour to represent the colour of the Lanvin women's dresses. The big bottle, I purchased the 3.3 ounce one and I really like its aesthetics. I love the Art Deco feel of this one. The scent itself is so delicately pretty. This was a blind purchase, I bought this after Arpege because the notes just sounded right up my alley. I love citrus and floral mixed with some musk. It's one of my favorite combinations ever. I also find I get a lot of compliments on this. It's weird or good but whenever I wear this type of scent I always get a "you smell really nice compliment". It's nice not in a hey baby you smell good gross way. Just a hey you smell really nice way.

I like to wear this before bed after my shower as I wear regular Arpege in the day because it's getting cold here in NY. And I wear it when it's warmer out as it just fits so well with that type of weather. The scent itself on me doesn't last as long as I wish but not a deal breaker for me. I purchased mine at BeautySpin for a totally reasonable $$ and the fastest shipping ever. It came in one full day I kid you not. Their customer support is excellent they helped me no problem with a financial issue and resolved it in no time. This scent is just lovely I love the immediate citrus scent then it dries to a clean but not soapy scent then citrusey but not fruity, floral but not the typical. It truley is a gem of a perfume that's not overbearing but totally magnetic. My boyfriend likes to smell me and that makes me happy. Awesome perfume and am thrilled! I bought it on the reviews alone, I was not disappointed. Recommended:)

To Read all 143 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/1/2015 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I first got interested in this perfume when I smelled it on a friend, who I admire a lot, and asked her what she was wearing. It was this perfume. It smelled sophisticated, like a poetry reading, and when I read the ad copy saying it was meant to evoke an arpeggio, that made perfect sense to me. So I got myself a little mini, and dabbed on a bit whenever I felt particularly artistic and literary. Many years on, I don't reach for this that much, but it never fails to remind me of that friend and of an arpeggio, and for that reason I love having a little of it around. I think I repurchased a second mini when I lost my first one. I know perfumistas might turn up their noses at another fruity floral, but I do think this one is quite distinctive, and to me I can smell apple and peach in a blur of floral notes, light and effervescent.

on 1/8/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This perfume smells so much like Incanto's "Shine" - little bit sweet, fruity and summery.
The design of the bottle is cute but also little bit childish, like those Britney Spears bottles.
This perfume is way too expensive in stores like Macy's, Nordstrom, etc (about $80) so I order it from Target online store for $28 (50ml). This is my mom's favorite perfume for many years but I found myself liking it too. And $28 is worth it!

Purchase this perfume on a blind buy because I've been curious about the scent for a while now. The bottle is unique. Upon first sniff I was shocked because it smells very similar to Jessica Simpson's Vintage bloom!! But except vintage has a stronger muskier floral.

on 8/31/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for an alternative for Bond no. 9's Scent of Peace, which is the epitome of what I'm attracted to in a fragrance. Fresh, just a little bit sweet and although not very complicated, extremely well blended. I just can't rationalize paying close to 300.00 a bottle! Other candidates were:

Light Blue - sharper

I Love Love (Moschino) Nice, better sillage, not as refined. My sixteen year old daughter wears this and it's perfect for her.

Secret Wish (Ana Sui) Sweeter, younger, but I like it!

Lollipop (Mariah Carey) - Too sweet for this 43 year old!

If you are familiar with any of these fragrances you have a pretty good idea of what you might experience with Éclat D'Arpege. Think fresh, only slightly floral, very feminine. Those who aren't fond of these types of scents usually refer to them as "shampoo scents." As in, why use this fragrance when it smells just like the shampoo/body wash I already use? I don't disagree. I just happen to love that fresh, just out of the shower feeling! For me, these scent types are just taking that feeling to a more refined, H.E . level.

My favorite experience with this fragrance happened while I was Christmas shopping last year. I was paying for my purchases when the Adam Levine (tattoos included) look-alike of a clerk looked at me briefly said, "You smell lovely," then continued ringing up my purchases like nothing happened. He was not flirting with me, he couldn't have been more than 22 years old. (I'm 43, remember.) He just wanted me to know that he thought I smelled great. Great enough to actually COMMENT on it. I can't really ask any more from a fragrance!

on 2/19/2014 11:45:00 PM

Fruity yet not overpowering scent. A very girly scent. But the lasting power is not good. Not more than an hour. I love this but my DH hates it.

Am on my 3rd bottle! Lovely clean scent that's not overwhelming. I don't understand why some would think that it's comparable to Light Blue, this is sooo much better!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this perfume for 11-12 years already! My first bottle was given by my first boyfriend for Christmas when I was 15 and I have been using it since then. It has become my signature scent. I never ran out of this. I think I'm on my 7th bottle and three of those were given by my three ex boyfriends. They just love the scent on me!

on 10/21/2013 8:57:00 PM

omy.....FAVORITE PERFUME EVERR! guys like that smell on me too! it's fresh, subtle yet very feminin. Absolutely favorite of all time....only complain is probably the price, but it'll last you a long time (50ml bottle)

Popular Fragrances