Yves Saint Laurent Semi-loose powder in #1

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.5

I really love that powder, makes my skin look very smooth. The product is really great, but the packaging is not my favorite. It's big, bulky and too "pimped" out. And this "scratchy wheel" thing lefts out a good amount of product at the end witch becomes pretty unreachable. So basically, you need to repurchase without even finishing the previous package.
Would repurchase only because of the powder itself that I find pretty amazing.

on 7/11/2008 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just watching the powder cut but twisting is enough for me. I love the little brush they give with it. It is representative of ysl brushes and is smooth- definitely a keeper even after the powder is gone. The brush is particularly nice because the shape allows you to put the powder easily under your eyes and on the sides of your nose etc. I refrain from putting this powder on the top of my nose because I feel it looks blotchy. I have a problem with most foundations looking blotchy and being noticeable in texture on my face, but this powder (apart from on the nose for some reason) actually fares well. I think the shade may be a little too light for me, but then again usually my foundations are too dark, so this will tone them down.

Edit: I just found out that my SA gave me the wrong shade. I asked for #2 (over the phone) and was given #1. I'm not sure if I'll exchange because this color isn't too pale, it might be good for winter. I will think about it. Also, I don't see any light reflecting particles and the texture could be finer.