Yves Saint Laurent Semi-loose powder in #1

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

4.3

on 9/7/2013 7:50:00 PM

I have used this powder since it was first launched many years ago. I have always preferred the loose powders of YSL because they are so finely grained and completely invisibile on my skin. This one can be applied in such a thin coat that the skin still is dewy. I have worn it on top of a number of different foundations - right now over Le Teint Touche Eclat in B10 - and the result is very beautiful and very natural looking. Most powders make me look chalky, but not this one. I use #1 which is about the only color - apart from a true white - that doesn't look too dark on me.

YSL call this a semi-loose powder which means that it's a pressed powder with a wheel on top. You turn the wheel and peel the powder off. I had preferred a normal loose powder, but I keep up with this weird mecanism (and the price!) because of the light color and the high quality of this product.

I have bought this powder so many times that I cannot remember, and I'm happy with it, but I'd be even happier if YSL would skip the pressing, the peeling wheel (the big, clumsy container), anfd just sell the powder loose in a 30g container as all other companies do (and YSL did before they invented this product).

I think I first used YSL's Semi-loose powder in March 2008. I remember because that was when I started to date my boyfriend. It came in a gorgeous golden package and the product itself was so beautiful that I could hardly believe it that it was a makeup item and not a jewelry box. It is round and handy and gold... It is a joy just to take it out of your purse and in the beautiful and great quality mirror you see yourself prettier... There is a perfect and gorgeous brush inside, soft as feather and makes the application of the powder beautiful.

Now, this powder is special because it is a semi-loose powder which means that you have to turn the top of the box where the product is in order to get yourself some powder on top and then you use your brush. So modern... Unfortunately though, if you don't pay attention just how much powder you need, you will waste the rest that comes out of the box.

I adore this powder and I think sooner or later I will treat myself with another one when my Chanel pressed powder is over because the YSL has a different feeling, it is like a fairy tale while Chanel is decent and elegant.

I only have one concern... I have used 2 boxes of this powder. The first time I ran out of it after only 6 weeks and the next time when I knew how much I had be careful and save the powder, it was enough for a bit more than 2 months... There is quite a little amount of powder in the container unfortunately and it costs 45 euros... Even though, I will soon buy one again and will only use it once in a blue moon. I will just treasure it. It is too beautiful to miss and the little powder that is inside is just excellent, the best texture and radiance ever.......

on 10/23/2003 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very, very nice powder. The finish is quite lovely and matte, and the powder itself contains tiny light-reflecting particles. I am absolutely in love with the grating mechanism- never seen anything like it! It's defintely a travel-friendly powder, first of its kind.