Yves Saint Laurent Semi-loose powder in #1

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

1 review

on 9/7/2013 7:50:00 PM

I have used this powder since it was first launched many years ago. I have always preferred the loose powders of YSL because they are so finely grained and completely invisibile on my skin. This one can be applied in such a thin coat that the skin still is dewy. I have worn it on top of a number of different foundations - right now over Le Teint Touche Eclat in B10 - and the result is very beautiful and very natural looking. Most powders make me look chalky, but not this one. I use #1 which is about the only color - apart from a true white - that doesn't look too dark on me.

YSL call this a semi-loose powder which means that it's a pressed powder with a wheel on top. You turn the wheel and peel the powder off. I had preferred a normal loose powder, but I keep up with this weird mecanism (and the price!) because of the light color and the high quality of this product.

I have bought this powder so many times that I cannot remember, and I'm happy with it, but I'd be even happier if YSL would skip the pressing, the peeling wheel (the big, clumsy container), anfd just sell the powder loose in a 30g container as all other companies do (and YSL did before they invented this product).