Yves Saint Laurent Semi-loose powder in #1

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

2.8

I think I first used YSL's Semi-loose powder in March 2008. I remember because that was when I started to date my boyfriend. It came in a gorgeous golden package and the product itself was so beautiful that I could hardly believe it that it was a makeup item and not a jewelry box. It is round and handy and gold... It is a joy just to take it out of your purse and in the beautiful and great quality mirror you see yourself prettier... There is a perfect and gorgeous brush inside, soft as feather and makes the application of the powder beautiful.

Now, this powder is special because it is a semi-loose powder which means that you have to turn the top of the box where the product is in order to get yourself some powder on top and then you use your brush. So modern... Unfortunately though, if you don't pay attention just how much powder you need, you will waste the rest that comes out of the box.

I adore this powder and I think sooner or later I will treat myself with another one when my Chanel pressed powder is over because the YSL has a different feeling, it is like a fairy tale while Chanel is decent and elegant.

I only have one concern... I have used 2 boxes of this powder. The first time I ran out of it after only 6 weeks and the next time when I knew how much I had be careful and save the powder, it was enough for a bit more than 2 months... There is quite a little amount of powder in the container unfortunately and it costs 45 euros... Even though, I will soon buy one again and will only use it once in a blue moon. I will just treasure it. It is too beautiful to miss and the little powder that is inside is just excellent, the best texture and radiance ever.......

on 7/11/2008 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just watching the powder cut but twisting is enough for me. I love the little brush they give with it. It is representative of ysl brushes and is smooth- definitely a keeper even after the powder is gone. The brush is particularly nice because the shape allows you to put the powder easily under your eyes and on the sides of your nose etc. I refrain from putting this powder on the top of my nose because I feel it looks blotchy. I have a problem with most foundations looking blotchy and being noticeable in texture on my face, but this powder (apart from on the nose for some reason) actually fares well. I think the shade may be a little too light for me, but then again usually my foundations are too dark, so this will tone them down.

Edit: I just found out that my SA gave me the wrong shade. I asked for #2 (over the phone) and was given #1. I'm not sure if I'll exchange because this color isn't too pale, it might be good for winter. I will think about it. Also, I don't see any light reflecting particles and the texture could be finer.

on 11/6/2003 2:38:00 PM

I like this powder though I feel I get bit dry feeling on my face. Love the system and its travel friendlines. I am a PPP and 01 is a perfect match for me. My skin gets this nice smooth glow. It looks perfect. I would recommend this for someone with not very dry skin. This is a great summer powder though. And I would repurchse this for summer use. UPDATE!!! Unfortunetely I think this is breaking me out. I had no such problem while I was using Diorlight loose powder but with this I even get breakouts on my dry cheeks and I usually never get any breakouts there! I would not repurchase this again.

on 10/23/2003 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a very, very nice powder. The finish is quite lovely and matte, and the powder itself contains tiny light-reflecting particles. I am absolutely in love with the grating mechanism- never seen anything like it! It's defintely a travel-friendly powder, first of its kind.

Very fragranced and very drying, more suitable for oily skin. Accentuates fine lines and does not feel any better than T.Leclerc.