3.6

price range

Reviews

1.0

17 years ago

I bought the word of mouth lipstick in Adoration online at Sephora's. It is a very neutral and matte brownish-pink. However, I will stay away from all Philosophy lipsticks because they smell horrible -- like wax, but worse. It actually gave me a stomache ache. And the smell lingers on your lips so you can smell it the entire time you are wearing this lipstick. I guess it is almost a good thing that his lipstick has no staying power. The black tube is well-designed, though.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal

HairBlack

3.0

17 years ago

I bought a cream formula and while it felt smooth going on it separated on my lips and didn't look even. It also has tha "bad scent" that I don't eexpect from mid-high end lippes.

About reviewer (1335 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

17 years ago

I like these alot. I have 2 that came with my Studio Coloring Book. The colors are Adoration (a neutral plum-mauve-brown) and Salvation (a deep burgundy). My favorite shade is Adoration. It's a nice color for everyday. They stay on well and have lots of moisture. They go on very creamy. I would definitely repurchase Adoration.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

18 years ago

I have a couple of Philosophy lipsticks and love them all. My favorite is Fiction - a wonderful pinkish-nude color which is a great my lips but better color. The lipstick goes on very smooth and feels very nice on my lips. I use this color to tone down other lipsticks when they are brighter than I like. I really recommend Philosophy lipsticks!

About reviewer (821 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

18 years ago

I just got Supernatural Lipstick in Salvation and DO NOT LIKE IT! Although the color is very nice (similar to Clinique Black Honey or Club Monaco Glaze), and IT IS pretty moisturizing...the smell of this lipstick is just AWFUL! It smells like Black Opal lipsticks. Just terrible. So..I would not waste $18 again on it! Total bummer!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesHazel

19 years ago

A great creamy product that lasts all day and feels fabulous while it's on! There are many colors and, albeit cheesy, I like the phrases on the packaging!

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal

HairBrown

19 years ago

I bought several Philosophy lipsticks in all the varieties they have and was pleasantly surprised. I picked up passion, graduation, elation, revelation, and some others. Philosophy lippies are very moisturizing and high quality. There is no offensive odor. I recommend these to everyone looking for a regular lipstick. Passion is truly a beautiful red tint for those looking for it.

About reviewer (4642 reviews)

Age25-29