Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub
blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I started using this product when I was about 18 or so to get rid of teenage skin.........it worked like a dream clearing out my skin and this was used in conjunction with the dual action moisturiser but that was then, now this product has no effect whatsoever on my skin!!! When my skin started flaring up again a few months ago, I decided to go back to this as it had helped me in the past. I don't know if the formula has changed but the consistency of product is no longer as it used to be. Maybe it's just me but product feels a bit oily and the beads ain't as concentrated as they were before? Anyway, I used this stuff continuously for about 4 months with very minimal results if any but I do like how refreshed it leaves my skin especially after a long day of wearing make-up and I will repurchase as I am still hopeful of this scrub!

Another thing this isn't working as well for me as it did before could be as a result of a sporadic cleansing routine so will give it another go for about a month and combine it with Clean and Clear's blackhead clearing toner and the oil-free moisturiser! Hopefully things will shift a bit for me then as I really like this product and I'm unwilling to let go of it without one last try.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This has been working good for my 13yr old son. He has a ton of blackheads, no actual pimples. Large and very deep blackheads. Regular acne cleasers with salicylic acid were not helping at all and his normally dry skin was starting to get a little shiny.
I bought him this scrub paired with some Stridex Triple Action Pads. Together they have really helped clear his clogged pores. His whole nose was covered some on his cheeks and forehead too.
Now, a month later, there are about 3 left on his nose and the ones on his cheeks and forehead have really cleared up a lot.
I really think the fact that this was a scrub is what really made the difference.
I personally have severely oily skin (now more balanced after going back to noxzema) and I love St Ives apricot scrub. I might try that one for blemished skin for him next and see how that compares to this one.

on 3/18/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Normally I don't use a lot of scrubs, because I think people are too rough and take off cells that aren't ready to be removed. However, this scrub is worth a try. It's really a cleanser plus a scrub. I would do this in the morning when you don't have eye makeup to remove. That way you don't have to cleanse twice. The scrub particles are nice and smooth, and it rinses clean. As long as you're gentle, this really only takes off the dead cells that are ready to come off and no more. As far as blackheads are concerned, I didn't expect or receive miracles.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This smells so good! I use this as a slightly exfoliating daily cleanser, since that is what it really is. If you are looking for a true scrub, you won't like this. My skin reacts badly to cleansers with surfactants in them, but I have oily skin, so I can't use something that leaves too much residue either. This is a great option, because it cleans without over-drying, and rinses off leaving my skin smooth and balanced. This doesn't remove makeup well, so at night I use a makeup removing wipe first. My only real con is that I wish the beads weren't dark blue, because they show up all over my sink!

on 11/19/2014 11:22:00 PM

I've been using this for years. I use exposed skincare products but I will use this every other day or so. It doesn't remove all blackheads but I like it as a cleansing scrub. Not over drying. Cheap price. I like clean and clear products as a whole.

on 6/7/2014 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product!!!!

Its my number one in beauty bag!!

I have acne prone , oily skin with open pores, and I am finding it really good.
It cleanses my skin in very sensitive way, removes ( most of ) the blackheads almost everyday.
It is a bit blocking at a times, that why together with that I use Dr Organic Manuka Honey Face scrub ( something stronger) to cleanse my skin properly twice a week.
But Clean and Clear impressed me with this product. Last time I went to India, me and couple of other people were cleansing face, and one packaging lasted me for entire month.

Good value of money, especially when you can get it for 2 pounds on a sale.

on 5/15/2014 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I couldn't agree more with a review I previously read...I believe by annathecat. This scrub isn't bad or harsh but as a blackhead eraser it doesn't do what it claims. I have combination skin, very sensitive and somewhat acne prone. Although you shouldn't use these scrubs daily I find myself using this every other day. It leaves my skin smooth refreshed and blemish free. I actually like this in general in combination with a great daily moisturizer HOWEVER in accordance to removing blackheads, it's not all that great. Seeing as its called a blackhead eraser, it does no such thing which is why I gave it a 3.

I'm a fan of Clean&Clear products in general and this is one of my general staple products from them but for what it claims to do lol

I just want to add that everyones skin is different so not every product will work the same for every individual. I think giving it a 30 day trial is the only way to truly find out however reading reviews from other people definitely helps

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This actually works, it works even better when you use it with a facial brush

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I don't get why all the bad reviews, this is seriously the best cleanser I've bought in months. It's the only cleanser that has left my skin moisturized and calmed after every use. The ONLY one that has prevented my acne prone skin from developing pimples and zits. Also, my acne scars dissapeared within only three days of using it. My skin is so soft my makeup looks better on me. Granted, it does not get rid of blackheads, and almost every scrub in the market aimed for that purpose doesn't, but I think it's a great product for $5. If you really want to get rid of the gunk hidden in your microscopic pores, you're supposed to use medications with high levels of acid that can liquify the gunk and kill bacteria inside your pores. Try something like Oxy 10. Scrubs with 1% salicylic acid like this one only remove dead skin cells and prevent zits from forming.

on 11/21/2013 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've used the whole product and I've seen little to no effects on my skin. Definitely doesn't help with my current acne or blackheads but maybe does help keeping them occurring again. It's a total waste for me but at least it did not damage my skin.