Fancl Fenatty Lotion [S]

No Image

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this lotion :) I realized that Japanese skincare are a little different from Western skincare. Japanese skincare use all steps of their skincare to add moisture. Hence, this is not a toner but a light lotion to be used before a normal moisturizer. It does not remove makeup residues, or close pores, but it adds a light layer of moisture to the skin. For this purpose, it is recommended to pour a few drops of the lotion onto your fingertips, and to lightly pat (not swipe on with a cotten pad) on all parts of your face until it is absorbed. I really like Fancl's 'Mutenka' philosophy of having no preservatives in its makeup or skincare, which was backed up by claims and research on their websites which I find it interesting to read. Hence, their makeup and skincare products have a short lifespan. Most of their skincare products like their cleansers and toners have a lifespan of only 60 days after opening, and it can only be kept for 1 year after manufacturing. Hence, if you have any of their products or samples lying around, its better to use it up soon. This lotion is a clear, colourless liquid, and it looks deceivingly like a toner. Because it is not meant to remove makeup residues like toners in Western skincare, I only use it in the morning after I cleanse my face. To be honest, it don't feel different from the toners that I normally use, but I feel that I tend to use lesser moisturizer after I used this lotion. I am not used to patting on lotions or toners, so I don't think I will repurchase this item. The product is also expensive for the amount of product that you get. If I remember correctly, this is packaged in a 30ml bottle for a 30 day supply. It is not economical for people on a tight budget (like students) to repurchase their skincare products every month. Hence, if you have non-sensitive skin, I think its okay to use skincare products from other brands even though it may have preservatives. The small blue bottle is cute, and comes with an inner seal which keeps product fresh until the first time you use it. Thumbs up for the packaging! I will recommend this product to anybody with sensitive skin with extra bucks to spare, and I will enjoy this product but I will not repurchase it :)

dont see any improvements in my skin and i think it might have caused me to break out instead.

will not repurchase - fancl's stuff dont seem to work for me though i really like it due to the no preservatives philosophy.

It gives enough hydration but yet it also leaves a very fresh feeling to my skin. It is great before you put on your make up too! I agree to other review that it feels just like water but I much prefer water-base toner instead. It just works with my skin better. The whole set is great if you use them together. It is a bit dry for the winter though and I can never finish a bottle before expiration date.

on 1/13/2007 9:49:00 PM

This toner is really good for dry skin. I'm taking Accutane right now and I have to say that this stuff really comforts the dry patches and retains moisture. The only thing is that it leaves a moderately sticky film on your skin after it dries, so if you can't stand that sort of feel, then it's probably not for you (it doesn't help that this lotion isn't exactly cheap). I'll repurchase, but only because it's effective in retaining moisture on my skin.

on 1/11/2007 10:10:00 PM

Despite being the lighter version of Fenatty Lotion, it was still too moisturising for my combination skin. Unfortunately, i had to toss this product - my skin erupts with every application. There is just something in this range that does not agree with my skin. continued >>

Fancl is actually a great brand, but I HATE the way they don't promote exfoliation much. If you use the Fancl three step system, make sure you exfoliate. I used this brand a few years back, skin was great in the first month or two, but because none of their products exfoliates, I started breaking out, and had to move on. As for this lotion, it prepares your skin for moisturization like a toner, but definitely doesn't exfoliate like a toner. Thumbs down. I would suggest ppl use the powder, moisturizer, but NOT this.

on 9/26/2006 10:57:00 AM

This is more of a pre-moisturizer than a traditional toner. It is not meant to clean away any residue dirt nor close up pores. My skin feels smoother after each use. However, this line is not meant for people with dry sensitive skin. After using both the lotion and the moistrurizer, my skin is still not hydrated enough. Perhaps this will work better on girls with normal/combi skin.

on 5/11/2006 4:03:00 PM

I use it to add on my SkinCeuticals B5 gel;
but,
few drops of sping water will get the same result.

on 8/1/2005 7:52:00 AM

I agree that it feels just like water.

Absorbs really well and it's really light on the skin! So no sticky afterfeel.. and sufficient moisturizing!