MAC #213 Fluff Brush

#213 Fluff Brush

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This brush seems a bit pricey for what it is (it is SO small) but it's a great little brush. It has a lot of uses - I love it for applying a brightening/highlighting colour carefully and judiciously to my inner tear duct area and for putting setting powder under my eyes to set my concealer because can get right up under my lower lashes without getting the powder all over my lashes. For the same reason, I like it for applying shadow under my eyes without having the colour go too low and look like the very under eye dark shadows I'm trying to conceal. Because it's such a versatile brush, having 2 or 3 in your collection isn't a bad idea. Real Techniques makes a really, really teeny brush too (I think it's the Detailer Brush and is only available in a set) but it doesn't pick up colour or "deliver" it to where you want to place it nearly as nicely as the 213.

on 4/22/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was one of the first MAC brushes I ever bought (2010). As others have said, it's great for packing color onto the eyelid before adding contour in the crease with a 217 or similar. I've also found it useful for adding a highlight to the brow bone. While I've recently caught myself using the 217 for everything (eyelid and crease) because it's quicker, I still think the 213 is slightly superior at creating a base of color on the lids. And, more complicated looks definitely turn out better if I use this brush first as it was intended, even if it's only because I'm keeping my 217 clean for use later! So, in summary: Good brush. Not mission critical.

on 6/9/2014 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I agree with a lot of reviews that this is a starter brush although I still use mine for packing colour onto the lid when I don't have a clean 239!

What a special little brush!! I use this brush everyday for packing on color along with the 217 for blending. It's just perfect.

on 3/20/2013 3:58:00 AM

I love this brush -- its other rave reviews here are well-deserved. This was my first MAC eyeshadow brush, and it works so well universally for applying and blending. Even though I have bought other eyeshadow brushes since, I still use this one the most. This one makes eyeshadow application very easy.

The bristles are soft and not harsh on the skin (important especially in the sensitive eye area). I have not experienced any shedding with this brush.

I was a total MAC newbie when I bought this product. I can tell why the MAC sales associate recommended this specific brush, since it works so well as a starter eyeshadow brush for those who are new to MAC or new to makeup in general.

on 3/6/2013 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This brush is something I use quite often but tend not to think about. I've had the same brush for 4 or 5 years now at least and it's lasted, not shed, and this has impressed me. I don't use this to try to pack on color (I use the 239 for that), but it applies a wash of color beautifully, and I also like it for applying dark colors for a readily smoked effect. I call this my "worker brush" because it gets its job done without fancy fanfare. I'd buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had this brush for about 5 years and it still looks and feels like a new brush. The bristle are densely bundled but soft and I use it to apply eye shadow to my upper eyelids. It does a great job and this brush is very durable. Even though I've had it for so long it doesn't shed at all.

Great quality brush, which is worth the money!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This one was my first actual MAC brush purchase (I have the 150 which was a gift) and I love it. I am not at all adept at applying intricate eyeshadow - in fact, I usually do a primer, a lid color and maybe a highlight and call it a day. This brush is great for applying my shadow on my lid. It goes on even and smooth and perfect - even my loose powder shadows. This I would actually buy again. The price is a bit off-putting but well worth the investment. No brush in my arsenal compares.

on 6/8/2011 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite brush! It does the shading perfectly! The hair doesn't fall off and holds the shadow pigment in well. I probably can do my entire eye just using this one brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Nice brush for applying eyeshadow, not the best for blending. Keeps its shape well, easy to clean. Perfect brush

Popular Makeup Brushes