3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I started using this about 6 months ago when Alba Botanica stopped making the face wash I had been using the last couple of years. I use the Avalon Organics Vitamin C Moisturizer so I thought I'd give the face wash a try. This is gel cleanser that is not heavy and does not leave a film behind. No strong scents and switching to this brand did not make my face break out. It's not expensive and you can easily find on Amazon or at Marshalls. Will buy again.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

3 years ago

I threw it out without finishing which is huge for me since even if something doesn't work, I just use it up until it's finished. However, with Avalon vitamin c facial cleanser it was the culprit for closed comedones. I experimented and stopped using for 2 weeks. The cc's went away. I restarted the Avalon cleanser. It came back. I'm not sure what ingredient clogs pores but don't recommend.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

4 years ago

I have very acne-prone sensitive skin. I had been using this stuff for maybe a week or two and I loved it, it made my skin soft and pretty clear, and didn't irritate my skin at all. But then, this morning when I went to use it, it caused by face to burn so bad and turn bright red and I couldn't get it to go away. The only other facial things I use are 100% pure mint white tea to tonique and Alba botanica aloe&agreed tea moisturizer. Now I look and feel like I've got a 2nd degree sunburn on my face. When I used it the other morning it kind of made my face red, but not as much and didn't burn. I used it last night, no problems....I don't know why it would've done that...I'm not allergic to anything as far as I know. :/

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

It does clean makeup and washable eyemakeup well but all the irritating ingredients makes this product not so good. People think that just because it contains natutral oils and botanicals that it's good for your skin. Fragrant oils such as orange peel oil can cause dermatitis and breakdown collagen production. Fragrance free is always best if possible but if you like this cleanser a lot, it's not that bad as you are rinsing it off.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

2.0

5 years ago

I posted on here before about how much I liked this in the skincare forum. Little did I know this was the reason my pores were clogged so awfully and my acne flared up. I stopped using this and switched back to cetaphil and my skin cleared up almost immediately. This did help fade my acne marks which is why I liked it so much. I think this would be more ideal for dry or mature skin. Definitely don't use it if you have acne prone skin.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

5 years ago

i've been using this for a few weeks and ignorantly did not connect my recent terrible acne breakouts to this product. i'm breaking out as much as i did as a teenager if not worse. do not recommend.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

5 years ago

For me, this is a solid, dependable and inexpensive facial cleanser. It didn't do anything spectacular with my skin but it didn't damage it, either. Pros: *Scent is wonderful *Inexpensive (lasted me for several months) *Didn't leave my face feeling tight post-wash Cons: *Doesn't do well in removing traces of makeup *Doesn't really improve complexion over time *Sometimes leaves a slight film on face post-wash. I've actually repurchased this a couple of times but now that I want to try some other brands, I most probably won't repurchase for a long time.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

6 years ago

I have combination skin, and very rarely break out with the exception of some blackheads in my t-zone. First of all, browsing at the drugstore I see an organic face wash for normal to oily skin. Immediately I think NOT heavy, and easy on the skin, because why would someone with normal to oily skin put something heavy on their skin...right? Well, the product is a gel and does not work into much of a lather. The smell is pleasant, but I didn't really get the feeling of "washing my face" since there was no lather. I decided to use this product only in the morning as I didn't feel it would remove my makeup well. Also the packaging is lame...you put your hand under the nozzle and squirt and the product projectiles straight out and squirts everywhere. 3 weeks later here I am with a gnarly painful breakout on my cheek- cyst like bumps the size of a pea that have been developing since a couple days after I started using the product. I stopped using the face wash a little over a week ago. I became certain this reaction was from this product after reading a couple other reviews reporting those red break outs that won't come to a head. SENSITIVE-and even normal skin- users beware. This is the worst reaction I've ever had to a product. If you like gel cleansers I recommend Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel (soap free but still comes to a lather!). I always try to save money buy finding a dupe but always come running back to it.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

6 years ago

Before the formula changed this product was my HG, now it's my worst nightmare. In the old bottle and formulation it left my skin bright and clean, but now it leaves me red and raw! For those with oily skin this may still be a viable option, but sensitive skinned gals beware! I noticed a few red bumps appear the following morning of using, but I wrote them off as breakthrough pimples. After several days of use there's no denying this face wash is the culprit. Really disappointed because I wanted to love it!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

i've been looking for a natural cleanser that would be best for my combination skin. it's been 2 weeks since i bought it and it already lightened my acne scars! i have heard that vitamin C helps in lightening scars/marks. I use this with avalon vitamin C toner which is a bit sticky.. and its moisturizer. the milk cleanser are for normal/combination skin and the gel is for oily skin. hope that helps

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair